CompTIA Certification Training: ITF+ and A+ (Vouchers Included)
To keep up with technology, organizations need IT professionals to maintain their networking systems. As the demand for skilled IT workers continues to grow, earning CompTIA ITF+ and A+ certification is an important step in your information technology career.
This course will prepare you for the CompTIA ITF+ and CompTIA A+ certification exams in a flexible online format. You will gain a deeper understanding of software, hardware, and networking issues and how to troubleshoot them.
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Identify the purpose and function of software, hardware, and security components
- Analyze, manage, and troubleshoot mobile devices, networking technologies, hardware, virtualization and cloud computing, and network systems
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot operating systems, expanded security, software, and operational items
How you will benefit
- Holding CompTIA ITF+ certification demonstrates a broad understanding of information technologies
- Holding CompTIA A+ 220-1101 certification demonstrates that you are prepared to troubleshoot and solve hardware-based information technology issues
- Holding CompTIA A+ 220-1102 certification demonstrates that you are prepared to troubleshoot and solve software-based information technology issues
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 9 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 390 course hours
- IT Fundamentals Preparation
- IT Foundations
- IT Framework
- IT Programs
- IT Programming
- IT Databases
- IT Security
- A+ Preparation
- Core 1 Introduction
- Hardware Part II
- Mobile and More
- Midterm Exam
- Core 2 Introduction
- Mac and Linux
Andrew Beal has over 10 years of experience in the IT Industry. Mr. Beal is an IT professional and instructor who holds a bachelor's degree in Information Technology from Franklin University. He started his IT career as a help desk intern and, while tutoring computer science courses, discovered a passion and talent for teaching. Andrew is currently employed as an IT instructor, managing multiple courses that focus on Computer Hardware, Computer Networking, and Cyber Security. In addition to his teaching position, Mr. Beal works one-on-one with students to ensure their preparation for CompTIA examinations.
Jeff Rees has over 25 years of experience in the IT industry. Jeff's expertise covers a wide range of technical skills in the field of immersive technology, such as virtual reality, augmented reality, spatial computing, and holograms. He manages, creates, and delivers high-quality augmented and virtual reality technology experiences that enhance knowledge retention and engagement for learners. Jeff capitalizes on his multifaceted technical knowledge with his passion for implementing immersive solutions, which has given him a proven track record of producing one-of-a-kind solutions for clients. Jeff has previously served as a senior vice president of operations, chief technology officer, and technical director for diverse technology companies. Jeff has also taught numerous computer courses during his career. Jeff holds a bachelor's degree from DeVry University in Computer Sciences with an emphasis in Simulation Design.
Although there are no prerequisites to enroll in the course, CompTIA recommends all A+ exam applicants having up to 12 months of hands-on experience in the lab or field before taking the certification exam.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
- PC: Windows 10 or later. Access to Windows 11 is needed for the A+ lesson on "Installing Windows".
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) Study Guide: FC0-U61
- CompTIA A+ Guide to IT Technical Support
Please note: You will receive a digital book if the physical book is on backorder.
Yes, CompTIA IT Fundamentals and CompTIA A+.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive nine (9) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.