CompTIA Certification Training: ITF+ and A+ (Vouchers Included)
To keep up with technology, organizations need IT professionals to maintain their networking systems. As the demand for skilled IT workers continues to grow, earning CompTIA ITF+ and A+ certification is an important step in your information technology career.
This course will prepare you for the CompTIA ITF+ and CompTIA A+ certification exams in a flexible online format. You will gain a deeper understanding of software, hardware, and networking issues and how to troubleshoot them.
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Identify the purpose and function of software, hardware, and security components
- Analyze, manage, and troubleshoot mobile devices, networking technologies, hardware, virtualization and cloud computing, and network systems
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot operating systems, expanded security, software, and operational items
How you will benefit
- Holding CompTIA ITF+ certification demonstrates a broad understanding of information technologies
- Holding CompTIA A+ 220-1001 certification demonstrates that you are prepared to troubleshoot and solve hardware-based information technology issues
- Holding CompTIA A+ 220-1002 certification demonstrates that you are prepared to troubleshoot and solve software-based information technology issues
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 9 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 390 course hours
- IT Fundamentals Preparation
- IT Foundations
- IT Framework
- IT Programs
- IT Programming
- IT Databases
- IT Security
- A+ Preparation
- Core 1 Introduction
- Hardware Part II
- Mobile and More
- Midterm Exam
- Core 2 Introduction
- Mac and Linux
David Grimes is a CompTIA certified instructional designer specializing in the IT field. He has over eight years of experience working in technology education, having previously worked as computer and information systems coordinator. As the IT coordinator at Ohio Valley College of Technology, he was awarded the Leadership and Technology Integration award. Grimes holds a Bachelor of Science in Technology Education and a Master of Science in Technology Education from The Ohio State University.
Although there are no prerequisites to enroll in the course, CompTIA recommends all A+ exam applicants having up to 12 months of hands-on experience in the lab or field before taking the certification exam.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) Study Guide: FC0-U61
- CompTIA A+ Guide to IT Technical Support
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Yes, CompTIA IT Fundamentals and CompTIA A+.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive nine (9) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
You may be assigned with an instructor or team of industry experts for one-on-one course interaction. Your support will be available (via email) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our instructors are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach. You will be assigned to an Advisor for academic support.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.