CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (Voucher Included)
Cloud technologies in personal and business environments have risen and continue to grow in prominence in the technology world. More and more employees are using cloud platforms, which drives the need for knowledgeable individuals to use and make decisions regarding cloud technologies.
This course introduces technical and non-technical individuals to core cloud computing concepts and helps prepare learners to pass the CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ certification successfully. It is the only...
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Interpret cloud concepts and terminology
- Analyze the relationship between businesses and cloud technologies
- Discern cloud management and technical operations
- Review governance, compliance, security, and risk factors in cloud technologies
How you will benefit
- Gain confidence in utilizing cloud computing technologies
- Become better prepared to take the CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ certification exam
- Build technical literacy to become proficient in adjacent and complementary information technologies and their related certifications
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 70 course hours
- Introduction and Welcome
- Lecture 1: Introducing Cloud Essentials
- Cloud Principles and Design
- Basic Cloud Principles
- Cloud Computing Define
- Virtualization and the Cloud
- Services Modules
- Deployment Models
- Characteristics of Clouds
- Redundancy & High Availability
- Cloud Networking and Storage
- Introduction to Networking
- Early Examples of the Cloud
- Connecting to the Cloud
- Cloud Networking Part I
- Cloud Networking Part II
- As-a-Service Models
- Introduction to Cloud Storage Technologies
- Types of Cloud StorageFeatures of Cloud StorageCloud vs Outsourcing
- Assessing Cloud Needs
- Cloud Assessment First Steps
- Is the Cloud for Your Company?
- Cloud Assessment Feasibility Studies
- Identity Management
- Private vs. Public Cloud
- Cloud Applications and Data Analytics
- The Cloud and Applications
- Marketing and Subscription Plans, and other Services
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Engaging Cloud Vendors
- Understanding Business and Financial Concepts
- Human Capital and Services
- Evaluating Cloud Vendors
- Cloud Vendors
- Engaging Cloud Vendors
- Steps after Requests
- Negotiating Contracts and Billing
- Choosing a Migration Approach
- Lecture: Migrating Applications
- Management and Technical Operations
- Management Clients and Data Management
- ITIL and the Cloud
- Availability and Resource Types
- Monitoring/Visibility and Optimization
- Successful Deployment Steps
- DevOps in Cloud Environments
- Testing and Configuration Management
- Deploying the Cloud
- API integration and Financial Planning
- Financial Planning Continued
- Governance and Risk
- Risk Management Concepts
- Impact on IT
- Classification and Ownership Risk Response Practices
- Risk Response Practices
- Challenges and Risks
- Documentation and Vendor Risks
- Policy and Procedures
- Organizational Requirements
- Security Policies
- Access and Control Policies
- Compliance and Security in the Cloud
- Data Sovereignty and Regulatory Concerns
- Industry Specific Standards
- International Standards
- Threat and Vulnerabilities
- Security Assessments
- Direct Costs and Cost Allocations
- Data Security and Confidentiality
- Integrity, Availability, and Application Security
- Lecture: Maintaining Strategic Flexibility
Jeff Rees has over 25 years of experience in the IT industry. Jeff's expertise covers a wide range of technical skills in the field of immersive technology, such as virtual reality, augmented reality, spatial computing, and holograms. He manages, creates, and delivers high-quality augmented and virtual reality technology experiences that enhance knowledge retention and engagement for learners. Jeff capitalizes on his multifaceted technical knowledge with his passion for implementing immersive solutions, which has given him a proven track record of producing one-of-a-kind solutions for clients. Jeff has previously served as a senior vice president of operations, chief technology officer, and technical director for diverse technology companies. Jeff has also taught numerous computer courses during his career. Jeff holds a bachelor's degree from DeVry University in Computer Sciences with an emphasis in Simulation Design.
There are no prerequisites to complete this course. However, about six-months of working experience in an IT-related environment is recommended but not required.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ Study Guide
Please Note: You will receive a digital book if the physical book is on backorder.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Yes, you will be prepared for the CompTIA Cloud Essentials Exam CLO-002.
The CompTIA Certification exams typically update every few years. Please check with an Enrollment Representative to confirm the version listed in the description is current or if a new version is upcoming.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.