Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator (CHFI) (Voucher Included)
Digital forensics is vital to cybersecurity. This online course will prepare you for the EC-Council's Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI) Certification exam, a credential that validates your understanding of digital forensic tools and how they're used in the cybersecurity industry.
Digital forensics has a key place on every cybersecurity team. Without it, most organization's security posture and maturity will fail to see its full potential. This course takes a detailed methodological...
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Establish threat intelligence and key learning points to support pro-active profiling and scenario modeling
- Perform anti-forensic methods detection
- Perform post-intrusion analysis of electronic and digital media to determine the who, where, what, when, and how the intrusion occurred
- Extract and analyze of logs from various devices like proxy, firewall, IPS, IDS, Desktop, laptop, servers, SIM tool, router, firewall, switches AD server, DHCP logs, Access Control Logs & conclude as part of investigation process.
- Identify & check the possible source / incident origin.
- Recover deleted files and partitions in Windows, macOS, and Linux
How you will benefit
- Become a Certified Hacking Forensics Investigator (CHFI)
- Exam eligibility for the EC-Council Certified Hacking Forensics Investigator (CHFI) Exam Number 312-49 with example CHFI questions
- The CHFI certification can fortify the applied knowledge level of law enforcement personnel, system administrators, security officers, defense and military personnel, legal professionals, bankers, computer and network security professionals, and anyone who is concerned about the integrity of the network and digital investigations.
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 100 course hours
- Computer Forensics in Today's World
- Computer Forensics Investigation Process
- Understanding Hard Disks and File Systems
- Data Acquisition and Duplication
- Defeating Anti-Forensics Techniques
- Operating System Forensics
- Network Forensics
- Investigating Web Attacks
- Database Forensics
- Cloud Forensics
- Malware Forensics
- Investigating Email Crimes
- Mobile Forensics
- Forensics Report Writing and Presentation
Eric Reed has over 12 years of experience in IT consulting, specializing in security. Since 2005, he has consulted and delivered custom training to the U.S. military and numerous Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies. He has delivered CEH, CHFI, and ECSA/LPT training for the last seven years, with a 95 percent pass rating. Reed was awarded the EC Council Instructor of the Year in 2009 and 2012, as well as the Circle of Excellence in 2006, 2007, and 2010.
Prior to enrolling in this course, you should have a working knowledge of information technology, cybersecurity, computer forensics and incident response.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: macOS 10.10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online. The materials are non-refundable upon registration.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Yes. Students will be prepared for the EC-Council Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator (CHFI) exam, and you will receive an exam voucher after the successful completion of the course and financial obligation.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
You may be assigned with an instructor or team of industry experts for one-on-one course interaction. Your support will be available (via email) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our instructors are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach. You will be assigned to an Advisor for academic support.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.