CompTIA Linux+ (Voucher Included)
This Linux training course will prepare you for the CompTIA Linux+ (XK0-004) exam. You will be ready to work on installation processes, network configurations, security and troubleshooting, and automating processes with scripting. For system administrators, Linux+ certification is a benchmark for working in different IT functions, including cloud computing, server administration, Internet-of-things, mobile, and supercomputing.
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Analyze Linux hardware and system configurations related to installation, networking, and storage
- Manage Linux system operations and determine validated maintenance protocols
- Evaluate security best practices for users, files, and networks
- Formulate best responses to Linux troubleshooting issues
- Utilize basic scripts to automate processes in Linux
How you will benefit
- Receive a prepaid voucher to take the CompTIA Linux+ (XK0-004) exam
- Become proficient in the Linux operating system to assist in IT-related job roles
- Be prepared to take the CompTIA Linux+ certification test to prove your knowledge
- Obtain opportunities for entry or junior-level positions in IT-related positions
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 75 course hours
- Linux Filesystems
- Servers, Shell, and Boot Process
- Processes and Tasks
- Network Configurations
David Grimes has more than 10 years of management and leadership experience in the private and non-profit sectors. Grimes is passionate about technology and education, having worked as academic dean, student services director, technology coordinator, teacher, consultant, and technology columnist. He holds a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State University, both in Technology Education.
Skills, knowledge, experience, software, and computer orientation recommended prior to enrollment.
Recommended Experience to take the CompTIA Linux+ Certification exams: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ and 12 months of Linux admin experience.
Upon completion of the course, you will be given a voucher to CompTIA™ Linux+ (XK0-004) certification exam. Learn more about the CompTIA Linux+ exam certification requirements.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- Linux+ and LPIC-1 Guide to Linux Certification
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
This course will prepare you for the CompTIA Linux+ exam and you will receive an exam voucher after successful completion of the course and financial obligation. Learn more about the certification requirements.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
You may be assigned with an instructor or team of industry experts for one-on-one course interaction. Your support will be available (via email) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our instructors are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach. You will be assigned to an Advisor for academic support.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate of completion. In addition, you will receive an exam voucher for the CompTIA Linux + (XK0-004) exam after the successful completion of the course and financial obligation.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.