CompTIA Project+ (Voucher Included)
Project management skills are needed in almost every field and can separate you from the rest of the workforce. Even the smallest projects can benefit from project management processes. Well-run projects save time and ensure continued focus on company goals. In this course, you will be taught project management techniques and prepare you to take the CompTIA Project+ certification exam. This certification validates project management skills to employers, both inside and outside the IT profession....
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Improve your business and communication skills to help you convey project goals and objectives, in a clear and compelling manner
- Learn project leadership skills that will improve your decisions on any type of project
- Gain project management skills to effectively prioritize work, anticipate consequences of actions, potential problems, opportunities for change, and set and meet realistic deadlines.
- Time management skills
- Earn a CompTIA Project+ certification that you can list on your resume after passing the CompTIA Project+ exam
- The Project+ certification does not need to be renewed
How you will benefit
- Utilize the skills required to plan and manage a small-to-medium-size project through to successful completion
- Gain knowledge to manage the project life cycle, manage resources and stakeholders, and appropriate communication
- Create, write, and maintain project documentation to support the completion of larger projects
- Identify the basic aspects of the Agile methodology
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 100 course hours
- Project Team Basics
- Creating the Project and Work
- Scheduling and Resources
- Budgets, Risks, and Communication
- Change Requests, Project Tools, and Completing the Project
- Final Exam and Completion Steps
David Grimes has more than 10 years of management and leadership experience in the private and non-profit sectors. Grimes is passionate about technology and education, having worked as academic dean, student services director, technology coordinator, teacher, consultant, and technology columnist. He holds a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State University, both in Technology Education.
There are no prerequisites to take this course. CompTIA recommends at least 12 months of cumulative project management experience or equivalent education for the vendor exam.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Yes. This course will prepare you to take the CompTia Project+ PK0-004 test.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
You may be assigned with an instructor or team of industry experts for one-on-one course interaction. Your support will be available (via email) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our instructors are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach. You will be assigned to an Advisor for academic support.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.