SSCP Systems Security Certified Practitioner
The world of IT security is fast-paced and exciting, with the potential for high earnings—but it can also be competitive. To stay ahead, you'll need a certification like the Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), a premier credential that is ideal for those wanting to begin or advance a career in computer networking or security. This online SSCP course will prepare you for this industry-recognized certification, as well as a career in the information technology sector.
The SSCP is one...
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Understand authentication, identity management, and network trusts
- Master cloud computing security concepts, as well as network data security
- Learn about wireless security and cellular technologies
- Explore malware identification and mitigation
- Discover risk management, security assessment, and incident handling
- Practice cryptography, encryption, PKI, and certificates
- Understand security auditing and systems monitoring and analysis
How you will benefit
- Receive an industry-recognized certification and become a Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Prepare yourself for a career as an information security analyst, computer system analyst, security management specialist, or computer user support specialist
- Begin or advance your career in computer networking or security
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 80 course hours
- Access Controls and Security Operations
- Access Control
- Security Operations
- Monitoring and Incident Recovery
- Risk Identification
- Cryptography and Network Security
- Communication Security
- Systems and Application Security
- Security in Systems and Applications
- Course Completion
- Final Exam
David Grimes has more than 10 years of management and leadership experience in the private and non-profit sectors. Grimes is passionate about technology and education, having worked as academic dean, student services director, technology coordinator, teacher, consultant, and technology columnist. He holds a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State University, both in Technology Education.
This is an advanced level course. You should have a base knowledge about computer hardware, networking, and security knowledge. It is recommended that you should either first take CompTIA A+ and Network+ or have the equivalent of two years of experience working with computers.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Yes. This training course will prepare you for the Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), an industry-recognized certification.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
You may be assigned with an instructor or team of industry experts for one-on-one course interaction. Your support will be available (via email) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our instructors are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach. You will be assigned to an Advisor for academic support.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate of completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.
Valid experience includes information systems security-related work performed or work that requires information security knowledge and involves direct application of that knowledge. For the SSCP certification, one year of cumulative work experience in one or more of the seven domains of the SSCP CBK is required. If you do not have the required experience, you may still sit for the exam and become an Associate of (ISC)² until you have gained the required experience. To take the exam, you have to schedule it at an authorized testing center scheduled through VUE. A score of 700 out of 1000 is required to pass.