Introduction to Mobile Security (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Mobile devices continue to grow in importance in managing our personal and business lives. As such, it makes them particularly vulnerable to attacks and how to defend against them. This course is an excellent starting point to understand the different types of mobile devices, understand the risks associated with mobile devices, develop a list of ways to secure mobile devices, learn how to apply mobile device app security, and learn how to implement BYOD security.
This course not only covers the fundamentals of mobile security, but also provides a hands-on experience through the use of live virtual machine labs, lab simulations, and case projects. Hands-on projects will have you create and use QR codes, use software to locate a missing laptop, and install an Android emulator to test different antimalware tools.
What you will learn
- Learn the fundamentals of mobile security
- Hands-on experience in mobile security with labs and simulations
How you will benefit
- Mobile security with the labs, simulations, and projects
- Increase your confidence and understanding of this evolving area of cyber security
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 3 Months access
- 7 course hours
- Types of Mobile Devices
- Portable Computers
- Wearable Technology
- Legacy Devices
- Mobile Device Removable Storage
- Mobile Device Risks
- Limited Physical Security
- Connecting to Public Networks
- Location Tracking
- Installing Unsecured Applications
- Accessing Untrusted Content
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Risks
- Securing Mobile Devices
- Device Setup
- Device and app Management
- Device Loss or Theft
- Mobile Device App Security
- BYOD Security
- Hands-On Projects
- Case Projects
- Lab Simulations
- Live Virtual Machine Lab
- Final Exam
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
You can start this course at any time your schedule permits.
You have 3 month access to the course. After enrolling, you can learn and complete the course at your own pace, within the allotted access period.
There is no time limit to complete each lesson, other than completing all lessons within the allotted access period.
Because this course is self-paced, no extensions will be granted after the start of your enrollment.