This course covers the foundational skills needed to effectively manage a law office. You will learn how to track all the various duties, help with clients, and perform the functions needed within the legal workplace.
What you will learn
- Effective file and record management for the law office
- Introduction to legal ethics
- Conflict checking
How you will benefit
- Gain skills needed to succeed in a law office as a legal professional
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 3 Months access
- 24 course hours
- Duties you may have as a law office professional
- Accounting and billing in the law office
- Files and record management in the law office
- Technology used in the law office
- Types of files encountered in the law office
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
You can start this course at any time your schedule permits.
You have 3 month access to the course. After enrolling, you can learn and complete the course at your own pace, within the allotted access period.
There is no time limit to complete each lesson, other than completing all lessons within the allotted access period.
Because this course is self-paced, no extensions will be granted after the start of your enrollment.