Child Development Associate Training Renewal
This course provides the 45 hours or 4.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) required by the CDA Council to fulfill and renew your Child Development Associate (CDA) credential. This course is selected from the eight CDA competency areas to provide a breadth of knowledge, and they support the requirements for renewing your certification for Associates original settings, age-level endorsement, and specialization.
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Learn about childcare business management, organizational leadership, and educational programming
- Examine crucial topics for continuing education in the field of childcare
- Review the material needed to fulfill the requirements for renewing your CDA credential
- Discover the best practices for working with children and their families
- Learn how to create and implement individualized education plans
- Understand how to assess childhood development and identify special needs
How you will benefit
- Renew your Child Development Associate (CDA) credentials online in the comfort of your own home
- Work at your own pace in a flexible, self-directed online learning environment
- Fulfill a CDA requirement easily and affordably
- Benefit from a convenient course designed especially for working adult students
- Gain the training you need to master the best practices for working with young children and their families
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 45 course hours
- Forty-Five Hour Credential Renewal Catalog
- Learning Through Play (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
- Teaching Basic Social Skills (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
- Learning My A,B,Cs (.3 CEU/3 Hours)
- Teaching Preschool Math Using Manipulatives (.3 CEU/3 Hours)
- Use of Puppetry and Plays (.3 CEU/3 Hours)
- Anger Management for Adults (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
- Autism Awareness (.2 CEU/2 Hours)
- Workplace Communication (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
- Circle Time (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
- Confidentiality (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
- Development and Use of Individualized Education Plans (.2 CEU/2 Hours)
- Routines and Transitions (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
- Creating Teachable Moments: The Value of Classroom Décor (.3 CEU/3 Hours)
- Social Skills for School-Age Children (.2 CEU/2 Hours)
- Supporting Cultural Diversity in Early Childhood Education (.3 CEU/3 Hours)
- Assessing Preschoolers With Special Needs (.3 CEU/3 Hours)
- Assessing School-Age Children With Special Needs (.3 CEU/3 Hours)
- Media and Childhood Development (.3 CEU/3 Hours)
- Understanding Attention-Deficit Disorders (.2 CEU/2 Hours)
- HIV/AIDS Awareness (.2 CEU/2 Hours)
- Children's Immunizations (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
- Infectious Diseases (.2 CEU/2 Hours)
- Whooping Cough (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
Darlene Lawrence is an academic coach and childcare and education instructor with five years of experience. She holds a bachelor's degree in business administration and a master's degree in teaching.
This course is the right choice for you if you have a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential and wish to renew it.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Speakers or headphones
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Yes. This course is selected from the eight CDA competency areas to provide a breadth of knowledge, and they support the requirements for renewing your certification for Associates original settings, age-level endorsement, and specialization.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
You may be assigned with an instructor or team of industry experts for one-on-one course interaction. Your support will be available (via email) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our instructors are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach. You will be assigned to an Advisor for academic support.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.
Yes, the courses were designed specifically to meet the training requirements for the CDA. The courses can also be used for CDA renewal training requirements.