- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- You will need Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Windows or Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Macintosh (not included in enrollment). This can be part of the Creative Suite in Standard or Extended editions or it can be a standalone version of either Standard or Extended. However, no features from the Extended version will be taught. You may also use the 30-day free trial software provided by Adobe, but if you do, you must wait until the relevant lesson of the course to install it and actually begin to work through the course, otherwise your trial will end before the course is over. You can also obtain a one or two-month subscription for the product at a cost of $49.00 per month. This allows you to use the demo for one month if you like and then buy a one-month subscription so you can take the course for its full length.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
You will need to have a working knowledge of the basic tools in Photoshop and be able to make selections, use the Clone Stamp tool and Healing brushes, and do elementary color correction. If you are new to Photoshop, you should start with Introduction to Photoshop CS5. You also will need to know how to create a new file folder and locate files on your hard drive.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.