The certificate program in Child Care & Education teaches and prepares students to obtain the national Child Development Associate (CDA) certification and employment as a childcare worker. You must successfully complete this prerequisite course in order to be considered for eligibility into the High School Diploma With Child Care Training Scholarship Program. Scholarships are limited and are awarded at the discretion of the program administrator.
Career courses include the following topics:
- Advancement of physical and intellectual development
- Principles of child growth and development
- Enhancement of social and emotional development
- Observing & recording progress/behavior of children
- Positive relationships with families
- Commitment to professionalism
- Effective program operation
Safe and healthy environments for children and childcare workers
"Students interested in pursuing post-secondary education within their state should check with the state to understand the requirements. States may impose requirements for receiving state financial aid. For example, an online high school diploma may not be recognized by some colleges and universities within a state to receive financial aid. We recommend students check with a specific institution for any specific restrictions—this is particularly important for residents of New York and New Jersey."