NMC's Non-credit Online Course Offerings
NMC offers a broad range of affordable, convenient, and highly interactive non-credit courses online. All courses are led by expert instructors, many of whom are nationally known authors. Browse our catalog or check out our Popular and New links. Or browse any category to find a course.
TEACHERS! Earn your Michigan State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECH) via NMC on select courses in the catalog.
We now have 20 approved SCECH courses via NMC listed under Featured link or under Teaching and Education link. Next to title of course it will state (SCECH).
20 Approved 24 SCECH's unless indicated:
- A to Z Grantwriting
- Achieving Success with Difficult People
- Blogging and Podcasting for Beginners
- Creating Classroom Centers
- Discover Sign Language
- Empowering Students with Disabilities
- Grammar Refresher
- Guided Reading and Writing
- Guided Reading Strategies for the Differentiated Classroom
- Response to Intervention: Reading Strategies that Work
- Solving Classroom Discipline Problems
- Solving Classroom Discipline Problems II
- Teaching Math: Grades 4-6
- Teaching Science: Grades 4-6
- Teaching Smarter with SMART Boards
- Teaching Students with ADHD
- Teaching Students with Autism: Strategies that Work
- Teaching Writing: Grades K-3
- Educator's Fundamentals Series (72 SCECH)
- Understanding Adolescents
Enroll, Learn, and Earn online. Each approved Teaching and Education course earns 24 clock hours (24 SCECH credits) and some series offer more as noted. To find approved courses click on the FEATURED link on the top-left side of this page.
Important: In order to receive SCECHs you must do more than just take a class. An attendance log must be kept throughout the course and submitted to NMC within 30 days after your course ends. You may download administration procedures, "Six Steps to Earn Your SCECHs" and the "Course Log Form" here.