NMC's Non-credit Online Course Offerings
NMC offers a broad range of affordable, convenient, and highly interactive learning courses online. All courses are led by expert instructors, many of whom are nationally known authors. Browse our catalog or check out our Popular and New links. Or browse any category to find a course.
TEACHERS! Earn your Michigan State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECH) via NMC on select courses in the catalog.
We now have over 20 approved SCECH courses, 20 quickly listed under Featured link, almost all in Teaching and Education link and some under Computer Applications (Microsoft). You can also just put SCECH or cut and paste the course title below into the Search for Courses box at the top of this web page. Next to title of course it will state (SCECH).
Approved 24 SCECH's unless indicated:
- A to Z Grant Writing
- A to Z Grant Writing II - Beyond the Basics
- A to Z Grant Writing Series (48 SCECH)
- Achieving Success with Difficult People
- Blogging and Podcasting for Beginners
- Creating Classroom Centers
- Creating WordPress Websites
- Discover Sign Language
- Empowering Students with Disabilities
- Grammar Refresher
- Grammar Refresher II
- Grammar Refresher Series (48 SCECH)
- Guided Reading & Writing Strategies - Max Student Achievement
- Guided Reading Strategies for the Differentiated Classroom
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2013
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2016
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel 2016
- Introduction to SQL
- Keys to Effective Communication
- Ready, Set Read!
- Response to Intervention: Reading Strategies that Work
- Singapore Math: Number Sense and Computational Strategies
- Solving Classroom Discipline Problems
- Solving Classroom Discipline Problems II
- Spanish in the Classroom
- Speed Spanish
- Teaching Math: Grades 4-6
- Teaching Science: Grades 4-6
- Teaching Smarter with SMART Boards
- Teaching Students with ADHD
- Teaching Students with Autism: Strategies that Work
- Teaching Writing: Grades K-3
- Understanding Adolescent
- Educator's Fundamentals Series (72 SCECH)
- Reading Strategies Suite (96 SCECH)
Enroll, Learn, and Earn online. Each approved Teaching and Education course earns 24 clock hours (24 SCECH credits) and some series offer more as noted. Easy way to locate is cut and paste title into top search box.
Important: In order to receive SCECHs you must do more than just take a class. An attendance log must be kept throughout the course and submitted to NMC within 30 days after your course ends. You may download administration procedures, "Six Steps to Earn Your SCECHs" and the "Course Log Form" here.