Danville Community College is a 86-acre institution of higher education serving the City of Danville, Pittsylvania County and Halifax County, VA.
The main campus is located on South Main Street in Danville, Virginia, consisting of 12 College buildings, which include academic facilities, a museum, library, maintenance and shop buildings.
Beginning as early as 1890, the campus of Danville Military Institute (1890 to 1939) housed prisoners of war during World War II(1944-1945), was home to the off-campus engineering division of Virginia Polytechnic Institute (named VPI Extension - Fall 1946 to 1950, Danville Branch of VPI - 1950 to 1965, and Danville Division of VPI -1965 to 1968), and shared the campus with Danville Technical Institute (formerly Danville Textile School) from 1945 to 1966, until DTI merged with the Danville Division of VPI to form Danville Community College.
Danville Community College is governed by an advisory Board of nine members. The College is supervised by the Virginia Community College System (VCCS) and State Board for Community Colleges, and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097) to award associate degrees to those students successfully completing a curriculum.
Be the first to learn about new courses, promotions and more!