Student Enrollment Agreement
Advanced Career Training Courses and Live Boot Camps
Please scroll to read and accept
Student Enrollment Agreement - Advanced Career Training Courses
This Student Enrollment Agreement (this “Agreement”), is a binding agreement between you, the Student (the “Student”), and ed2go, a part of Cengage Learning, Inc. (“ed2go”) with regard to a single enrollment in an Advanced Career Training program that may consist of a single or multiple programs. This Agreement becomes binding and effective upon the Student’s acceptance, indicated by online acknowledgement of receipt of, and agreement to, the provisions of this Agreement.
The parties hereto agree as follows:
1. ADMISSIONS CRITERIA: The Student shall have responsibility for review of the Program Description for the program of the Student’s choice (available at www.ed2go.com), whether the Student self-enrolls or enrolls with the assistance of an admissions advisor or counselor.
2. TUITION: Tuition or down payment for programs and/or courses, including any applicable taxes, must be received by ed2go before the Student will be registered.
3. COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS: In order to receive a Certificate of Completion, the Student must successfully complete the program by the date indicated in ed2go’s Student Center following the date on which the Student enrolls in the program, and tuition must be paid in full before the Student can receive a Certificate of Completion.
4. PROGRAM CANCELLATION POLICY: The Student may request the Student's enrollment be canceled at any time before the Student is registered for and granted access to the program or the first program, if purchasing more than one program at a time.
5. REFUND POLICY: For refunds requested within ten (10) calendar days commencing on the date listed as the Start Date in the ed2go Student Center, one hundred percent (100%) of the tuition amount shall be refunded, provided no more than fifty percent (50%) of the program has been completed and all course materials are returned in as-new condition to ed2go at the Student’s expense. Such materials must be received within ten (10) days of the date of Materials Return Instructions sent by ed2go to the Student by email notification. The cost of materials not received or those that cannot be returned (such as software, memberships, exam vouchers, exam sponsorship, equipment, etc.) shall not be refunded to the Student. Refunds shall be paid to the Student or Finance Plan forgiveness shall be granted within thirty (30) days following the deactivation date of the program.
Refund requests must be made through email by the Student.
No refunds shall be available after the ten (10) calendar days commencing on the Start Date listed in the ed2go Student Center, unless written justification is received from the Student within the original access period of the Student’s program, not including extensions, transfers or holds processed, and complaints are found to be valid based on ed2go’s investigation, including soliciting course provider and/or facilitator feedback, and partner school’s review of the findings of the investigation.
Ed2go’s refund policy shall be superseded by a partner school or third-party funding source’s policy only if that policy is more stringent, such as one that does not allow for refunds or one that allows fewer days in which to request the refund. Consult the partner school or third-party funding source's policies and procedures for additional information.
EXCEPTION: The above refund policy shall not apply to all programs. Some programs are non-refundable once the Student has received a start date for the program. The Student shall have the responsibility to review the Program Description (available at www.ed2go.com), which will state if a program is non-refundable, prior to enrollment whether the Student self-enrolls or enrolls with the assistance of an admissions advisor or counselor.
6. TRANSFER POLICY: The Student may transfer from one program to another within sixty (60) days following the Student’s registration date. There is a transfer fee of one hundred twenty-five dollars ($125), plus any applicable taxes, if the transfer takes place after the first ten (10) calendar days of the Start Date listed in the ed2go Student Center. If the program to which the Student wishes to transfer costs less than the original program in which the Student is registered, the Student shall be credited the difference, minus the transfer fee. If the program to which the Student wishes to transfer costs more than the original program in which the Student is registered, the Student shall be charged the difference, plus the transfer fee and any applicable taxes.
The Student acknowledges that there may be nonrefundable fees associated with the original enrollment for which the Student is responsible in addition to the transfer fee and any price difference between the original and new program.
If a new version of the program in which the student is registered is released, the Student may transfer into the new version if the Student is within the original access period for the Student’s then current program. If the Student has received an extension, the Student is not eligible for transfer to the new version of the program. The Student shall be responsible for the cost of new materials and/or the price difference between versions.
The school through which the Student is enrolled must approve all transfers.
If the Student is using one of ed2go’s financing options to pay for the program, the student must finalize any new financing within thirty (30) days following transfer approval from the school through which the Student is enrolled, and the Student must be current on the Student’s existing Finance Plan.
7. EXTENSION POLICY: For programs resulting in a high school diploma, if the Student requires additional time to complete an enrollment, the Student should contact their academic coach to determine eligibility for extension and applicable pricing.
For any program which does not result in a high school diploma, if the Student requires additional time to complete an enrollment, Student may be granted up to two extensions, each equal to twenty-five percent (25%) of the initial duration of access. Extensions shall not exceed the initial duration of access by one hundred and fifty percent (150%). (For example, a 12-month program will have two 3-month extensions available, for a total access period of 18 months.)
Extension requests must be received within two (2) weeks of the original end date. The cost for extension will be determined using the following table:
Tuition fee in the above table refers to full retail cost as listed on the Student’s order confirmation at time of purchase. Discounts received will not be taken into consideration when calculating extension costs. Extension fees are not refundable and taxes may apply.
8. HOLD POLICY: A “hold” is a permitted suspension of the Student’s participation in the program without penalty. The Student may request a hold of up to ninety (90) days and holds will only be granted for those with extenuating circumstances, at ed2go’s discretion, such as military deployment or documented medical concerns. The 90-day hold may be taken all at once or in individual sessions of thirty (30) or sixty (60) days. Some program holds may incur a fee and the student shall be made aware of this before the hold is initiated. If the Student has used an ed2go Finance Plan, they are still responsible for the regular Finance Plan payments throughout the hold period. If the Student remains on hold for more than ninety (90) days, the Student shall be dropped from the program without a refund and the Student’s grade shall be shown as Incomplete on the school’s records.
9. STUDENT SUPPORT: Ed2go normal hours of operation are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm Pacific time. The Student has a reasonable expectation that Student will receive responses from an ed2go advisor and/or program facilitator within 24 hours, Monday through Friday.
10. STUDENT CONSENT TO RELEASE OF DATA: In cases where the Student’s enrollment in an Advanced Career Training program relates to a third party certification examination and the Student participates in the third party certification examination, the Student hereby authorizes (a) the third party certification body and its authorized testing provider(s) to release the Student’s name and certification result (“Student Exam Results”) to ed2go and the academic institution through which the Student took the Advanced Career Training program; and (b) ed2go to collect, use, store, and transfer Student Exam Results in connection with: researching, developing, or improving its products or services; public aggregated reporting of pass/fail rates; and compliance reporting. The Student also hereby authorizes ed2go to provide Student Exam Results to third parties if: (x) ed2go deems such disclosure necessary for the purposes authorized in Section 10(b) above; (y) ed2go believes in good faith the disclosure is required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or similar legal or administrative process; and (z) a third party purchases or otherwise acquires ed2go, in which case Student Exam Results will likely be among the assets transferred.
11. GROUNDS FOR TERMINATION: The Student’s enrollment may be terminated for several reasons, upon ed2go’s decision, including failure of the Student to comply with ed2go’s rules and policies, or failure to comply with the terms and conditions set forth herein. Ed2go may terminate the Student’s enrollment at any time for such violations. Ed2go further reserves the right to modify the rules and policies, and any such revisions will be posted online at www.ed2go.com/career/student-agreement. In addition, if the Student owes any amount on a Finance Plan from ed2go and is delinquent on the Student’s Finance Plan payments or installments for more than ninety (90) days, ed2go reserves the right to terminate the student’s access to the program without a refund.
12. NO GUARANTEE: THE STUDENT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT COMPLETION OF THE PROGRAM IS NOT A GUARANTEE OF EMPLOYMENT OR OF OBTAINING AN INTERNSHIP OR EXTERNSHIP. ED2GO HAS NOT MADE ANY PROMISE TO THE STUDENT, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE STUDENT FOLLOWING COMPLETION OF THE PROGRAM. THE STUDENT AGREES TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS ED2GO AND CENGAGE LEARNING, INC., THEIR SHAREHOLDERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND ASSIGNS FROM ANY SUCH CLAIM.
13. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION FOR DISPUTES: This Agreement shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of law provisions which would require the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. Any suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement may be commenced and maintained only in a California state court of competent subject matter jurisdiction in Riverside County, CA, and each Party waives objection to such jurisdiction and venue. The Parties expressly, knowingly and voluntarily waive any right to a trial by jury in any proceeding arising out of or relating to, and/or to enforce this Agreement.
Student Enrollment Agreement – Live Boot Camps
This Student Enrollment Agreement (this “Agreement”), is a binding agreement between you, the Student (the “Student”), and ed2go, a part of Cengage Learning, Inc. (“ed2go”) with regard to a single enrollment in a Live Boot Camp. This Agreement becomes binding and effective upon the Student’s acceptance, indicated by online acknowledgement of receipt of, and agreement to, the provisions of this Agreement.
1. PREPAYMENT AND PAYMENT CHOICES Products and services must be used within twelve (12) months of the date of purchase. ed2go reserves the right to change Live Boot Camp prices at any time. ed2go reserves the right to modify our schedule of Live Boot Camps at any time. All modifications that impact enrolled students will be communicated via phone or email. ed2go reserves the right to exclude class participants who, in our judgment, are disruptive to the class or who fail to make acceptable payment arrangements. In order to receive a Certificate of Completion from the school, tuition must be paid in full before the Student can receive a Certificate of Completion.
2. REFUNDS, CANCELLATION AND NO SHOW POLICY You may cancel or reschedule a Live Boot Camp thirty (30) or more days prior to the start date of the Live Boot Camp at no charge. If you must cancel or reschedule with less notice, you will be required to pay a change fee based on the following days until the start of the Live Boot Camp. * Greater than fifteen (15) days 30% charge based on full price to change or refund * Fifteen (15) days or less 50% charge based on full price to change or refund * No Show not eligible for refund. Can re-schedule the Live Boot Camp based on availability. You will have the option to reschedule the class on a space-available basis (determined 3 business days before the class starts) on a future date as long as the same class is still being offered and the courseware has not been updated. If you are unable to reschedule the Live Boot Camp for any reason or ed2go no longer offers the Live Boot Camp, no refund will be provided. ed2go asks that you notify us as soon as possible if you need to reschedule a Live Boot Camp. ed2go reserves the right to change Live Boot Camp prices or modify the schedule of Live Boot Camps at any time. All modifications that impact enrolled students will be communicated as quickly as possible. ed2go Live Boot Camp schedules and pricing are subject to change without notice. ed2go reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any Live Boot Camp at any time. ed2go will make a reasonable effort to notify you in the event of a cancellation or rescheduling.
3. JOB PLACEMENT; SALARY ed2go does not guarantee job placement to graduates upon Live Boot Camp completion, and does not guarantee a salary or salary range to graduates. The Student acknowledges and agrees that no employee of ed2go has guaranteed that I will earn a specific salary or salary range upon completion.
4. NOTICE CONCERNING NON-TRANSFERABILITY The Live Boot Camps are non-credit bearing and non-transferable to other institutions. Live Boot Camps completed at ed2go will not be accepted towards credit by other institutions.
5. REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFICATION AND LICENSING I understand that upon completion, I may be required to obtain licensure or certification on my own. No ed2go employee has guaranteed my eligibility for any certification or licensure.
6. ADDITIONAL TRAINING DISCLOSURE I understand that some jobs may require additional training, even after completion of my Live Boot Camp at ed2go. Certain cities, counties, states and employers may have specific regulations for employment including a minimum number of training hours and successful completion of a written and or practical exam. I understand that this might impact the availability of employment positions and have researched such requirements prior to enrolling.
7. MESSAGING DISCLOSURE I expressly consent to ed2go, or its affiliates, using prerecorded/artificial voice messages, telephone monitoring and recording of phone calls, text messages and/or automatic dialing equipment to contact me as the law allows. In doing so, I agree that such party may use any telephone number I provide to ed2go or that ed2go gets from another source, even if the number is for a mobile telephone and/or using the number results in charges to me.
8. RECORDING NOTICE I have been informed that ed2go may capture footage of the delivered Live Boot Camp that I attend for the benefit of archiving this Live Boot Camp and that attendees may have the option to view the archived material for their personal use. I also understand that the recording may include my name, likeness, image, voice and/or appearance and made part of the recording in which I appear.