Marketing Design Certificate
Looking to launch your career designing marketing or identity pieces for large companies or small businesses? The Marketing Design Online Training course focuses on helping you develop technical skill and creative artistry using applied marketing principles. You'll complete a variety of projects, including marketing concept development, retouching, compositing, illustration, advertising design, logo design, and corporate branding.
You'll learn in-demand software programs that a marketing...
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Learn how to use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Understand fundamental concepts of color, typography, and identity design
- Complete hands-on projects to develop your skills as a marketing professional
- Foster graphic design skills that can be applied in a marketing setting
How you will benefit
- Complete a variety of projects that can be used as portfolio pieces to show potential employers and clients
- Learn marketing and graphic design skills that will be useful in any number of jobs
- Master Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and use the programs for a variety of personal and professional projects
- Set yourself apart from competitors by receiving a certificate upon completion
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 12 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 360 course hours
- Photoshop Basics
- Color Theory
- Illustrator Basics
- Fundamentals of Typography
- Intro to Marketing
- Fundamentals of Logo Design
- Marketing Design
- Branding and Identity
Jeremy Bratt is a graphic designer, design coordinator, and teacher with thirty years of experience. He has worked recently as a design coordinator for corporate identity, branding, and packaging projects. He managed the re-branding and packaging for French cookware manufacturer Tefal when at Lewis Moberly. At Siegal & Gale, he designed and coordinated a number of corporate identity projects for the Spanish market. Currently, he is a partner at a design and communication consultancy, designing and coordinating all corporate, print, and packaging work.
Bruce Bicknell is an instructor, illustrator, animator, web and graphic designer, and video editor. In his career, he has worked on projects for Adobe Systems, ATI, PhotoShop Elements Techniques, MacTribe, Yellow Machine, and Mac Design, to name a few. Bicknell holds degrees in Computer Animation and Web Development from the International Academy of Design and Technology.
Michael Hamm is a freelance designer and web developer with over a decade of experience in the creative field. Based in Washington state, Michael provides design solutions for clients across the country through his company ClayEdward Design. Prior to working on his own, Michael worked for JPMorgan Chase in Houston, Texas as an interactive designer. His work has been published in various web design books and magazines and he is a regular contributor to Layers Magazine. In addition, he has served as technical editor on several design books published by Friends of Ed. Michael recently co-authored Introduction to Web Design Using Dreamweaver published by Glencoe/McGraw-Hill. Michael is an Adobe Certified Instructor in Adobe Illustrator and has a Diploma in Graphic Design from the Art Institute of Houston. Michael is the founder, designer, programmer, and writer of PointsandPaths.com, a website that grew from his passion for illustration software and all things vector.
Boris Margolin is a graphic designer with 10 years of experience. He earned a BS in Graphic Design at Mount Ida College and has worked as an in-house designer for several international corporations including CIGNA, MetLife, and Nypro. His work has ranged from advertising to identity design, brand development to web administration. In his spare time, he runs a niche design company catering to unconventional companies and emerging markets.
There are no prerequisites to take this course, however you must be 18 years old or older. It is recommended you have a high school diploma, GED, or state-approved home school equivalent.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Photoshop CS5 or CS6 (or Adobe Creative Cloud) (not included in enrollment). Ensure that your system meets the minimum system requirements for Photoshop prior to enrollment.
- Adobe Illustrator CS5 or CS6 (or Adobe Creative Cloud) (not included in enrollment). Ensure that your system meets the minimum system requirements for Illustrator prior to enrollment.
- Microsoft Word is recommended (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive twelve (12) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.