Accounts Payable Manager Certification (Exam Cost Included)
This course will prepare you for the Institute of Finance & Management's (IOFM) Accounts Payable Manager (APM) certification, the gold standard within the financial operations industry. You will gain key AP skills, including leadership, internal controls and oversight, and process improvement.
With the world of financial operations evolving at the speed of technology, certified APMs are in demand. In fact, more than 25,000 of your peers have advanced their careers with IOFM certification. Whether you're new to AP or have been in AP for years, this Accounts Payable Manager course is designed for you.
George Mason University
What you will learn
- To make your department cost-efficient, from calculating actual costs to using technology and choosing automation tools.
- To raise the profile of the AP department within your organization by aligning with other stakeholders, including procurement, accounting, tax, treasury, and technology.
- To lead process improvement and organizational change in the AP function.
How you will benefit
- Higher earning power - certified AP professionals earn more than their non-certified peers.
- Sharper skills - certification builds skills - from fundamentals to advanced AP practices.
- More respect - certification places you in an exclusive group of AP professionals whose skills are proven to meet a global standard of excellence.
- A stronger resume -certification demonstrates that you've gone above and beyond to develop your skills and that you meet a rigorous training standard.
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 3 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 30 course hours
- Introduction: Accounts Payable Overview
- Leadership Fundamentals
- Management Styles
- Organizational Structure
- Planning and Costing
- Working with Other Departments
- Internal Controls and Oversight
- Why Internal Controls Matter
- Internal Control Framework
- Creating and Enforcing Policies and Procedures
- The Audit Process
- Overseeing the Accounts Payable Process
- Segregation of Duties
- Managing the Process
- Managing the People
- Managing Data Security
- Tax and Regulatory
- Setting and Enforcing Compliance Policies
- Blocked and Denied Parties
- Information Reporting
- Sales and Use Taxes (U.S.)
- Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Escheatment/Unclaimed Property
- Corruption and Bribery
- Financial Reporting
- Vendor Management
- Vendor Master File (VMF)
- Vendor Onboarding/Engagement Program
- Vendor Performance Monitoring
- Travel and Entertainment (T&E)
- T&E Policies and Procedures
- T&E Policy Training and Communicate
- Controlling Expenses/Spend Analysis
- T&E Automation
- Process Improvement
- Process Mapping
- Process Analysis
- Developing a Process Improvement Plan
- Implementing and Monitoring
- Return on Investment (ROI)
- Challenges and Benefits and AP Automation
- Overview of AP Automation Solutions
- Evaluating Software Solutions
- Selection and Implementation
Pam Miller, Senior Trainer, IOFM, was the first candidate to earn AP certification as an Accredited Payables Manager (APM) with distinction. Her professional background includes 15 years as Director of AP at BMC Select. She is recognized in the accounts payable industry as an innovator and an early adopter of AP related technologies. Before working in AP, she spent six years in the IT industry, implementing point of sale software.
Judy Bicking, APM, is a Senior Trainer for IOFM and a 27-year veteran of Johnson & Johnson. She is a recognized pioneer and leader in Procure-to-Pay and Credit Management. After a career in AR and AP management, Judy leads the development and implementation of J&J's two Shared Service Centers, located in the U.S and Europe. These shared services handle over 2.5 million invoices across 200 decentralized companies.
While there are no prerequisites to take this course, IOFM recommends that you meet one of the following for APM certification:
- No degree = 5 yrs. related work experience
- 2-year degree = 4 yrs. related work experience
- 4-year degree = 2 yrs. related work experience
- Advanced degree = 1 yr. related work experience
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Yes, IOFM Accounts Payable Manager (APM) Certification Exam.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive three (3) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
You may be assigned with an instructor or team of industry experts for one-on-one course interaction. Your support will be available (via email) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our instructors are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach. You will be assigned to an Advisor for academic support.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.