Certified Internal Auditor with Microsoft Excel (Voucher Included)
Internal auditors have a complex job, but tools like Microsoft's Excel program make managing data easy. This online course will train you in the IIA's International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and teach you advance techniques for using Microsoft Excel. You will be fully prepared to pass the IIA's Certified Internal Auditor exam and the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert exam for Microsoft Excel. Key topics include mandatory guidance under the IPPF,...
George Mason University
Details + Objectives
Course code: GES2089
What you will learn
- To create, modify, and manage Excel workbooks
- To use formulas, functions and work with tables
- To use conditional formatting and styles
- To create pivot tables and charts
- To convert, sort, filter, and manage lists
- To import and export data
- Master the foundations of an internal auditor
- Apply internal audit best practices to your daily work routine
- Reduce financial risk for employers
- Develop exam time management and pacing
How you will benefit
- Become a certified Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert in Excel
- Use these skills in most workplace situations
- Manipulate data faster by learning helpful formulas and tricks
- Prepare yourself to work as an internal auditor or risk manager
- Develop the skills needed to pass various CIA exams, including parts 1, 2, and 3
- Become an asset to your employer by reducing your organization's chance of financial risks
- Demonstrate your proficiency with internal staff and external clients
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 18 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 370 course hours
- Microsoft Excel Certification Training
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel
- Creating a Microsoft Excel Workbook
- The Ribbon
- The Backstage View (The File Menu)
- Entering Data in Microsoft Excel Worksheets
- Formatting Microsoft Excel Worksheets
- Using Formulas in Microsoft Excel
- Working with Rows and Columns
- Editing Worksheets
- Finalizing Microsoft Excel Worksheets
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel Exam
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Advanced Formulas
- Working with Lists
- Working with Illustrations
- Visualizing Your Data
- Working with Tables
- Advanced Formatting
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel Exam
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Using Pivot Tables
- Auditing Worksheets
- Data Tools
- Working with Others
- Recording and Using Macros
- Random Useful Items
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Exam
- Microsoft Excel Final Exam
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Part 1 – Internal Audit Basics
- Mandatory Guidance
- Internal Control / Risk
- Conducting Internal Audit Engagements – Audit Tools and Techniques
- Part 2 – Internal Audit Practice
- Managing the Internal Audit Function
- Managing Individual Engagements
- Fraud Risks and Controls
- Part 3 – Internal Audit Knowledge Elements
- Governance / Business Ethics
- Risk Management - Proficiency Level (P)
- Organizational Structure/Business Processes and Risks
- Management / Leadership Principles
- IT / Business Continuity
- Financial Management
- Global Business Environment
- Final Exam
- Part 1 – Internal Audit Basics
Instructors & Support
Tracy Berry has been a senior graphic designer/programmer, instructor, and consultant since 1993 and has developed hundreds of logos, marketing materials, websites, and multimedia solutions for customers worldwide. She was also involved in several large corporate software rollouts. She has helped many organizations optimize and streamline data solutions. She teaches both onsite and online courses and has her CTT (Certified Technical Trainer) certification. Tracy specializes in teaching graphics, desktop publishing, web design, and reporting/productivity applications.
The Certified Internal Auditor is not an instructor facilitated course; however, support will be provided through email, online forms, and phone.
Instructor Interaction: The instructor looks forward to interacting with learners in the online moderated discussion area to share their expertise and answer any questions you may have on the course content.
This Certified Internal Auditor course is specifically designed to help individuals with prior internal auditing knowledge prepare for the CIA exam. CIA candidates must meet the eligibility requirements for education, character, work experience, and identification. Before a candidate application can be approved, ALL documentation (proof of education, character reference, and identification) must be received and approved by The IIAs Certification staff. Learn more about the eligibility requirements.
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs are not compatible.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Microsoft Excel 2019 or Microsoft Excel 365 (not included in enrollment). While Microsoft Excel 2019 is ideal, you can download the desktop version of Excel included with Microsoft 365. Please note: There may be some differences between your version of Excel and what you see in the course.
- Microsoft Word or an equivalent word-processing program.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for Microsoft Excel 2019 course are included in enrollment and will be available online. You will receive unlimited Practice Assessments and a PDF textbook when you begin the Certified Internal Auditor course.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Yes, you will be prepared for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert exam for Microsoft Excel. This course will also prepare you to pass the Certified Internal Auditor Examination. Students who pass Part 1 of the Certified Internal Auditor Exam may apply to receive the Internal Audit Practitioner designation.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course whenever you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
After you register, you will receive 18 months to complete the course. The time allotted for completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours.
If you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee will be charged. If you are funded through a third-party organization, approval may also be required.
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
Upon successfully passing the final exam, you will be awarded a certificate of completion from the school or organization that you registered through.
ed2go courses will help you gain the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. However, you should always research the job market in your area before enrolling.
ed2go courses are non-credit, so they do not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA, and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards may provide funding to take our courses. Additionally, you may qualify for financial assistance if you meet certain requirements. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us."