Certified Administrative Professional with Microsoft Office Specialist 2019 (Vouchers Included)
Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) and Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) are two of the most valuable credentials an administrative professional can hold. These certifications prove that you can effectively perform administrative assistant duties and responsibilities in any industry.
This course will prepare you for the CAP exam, offered by the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP), and MOS certification exams for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access....
George Mason University
What you will learn
- To perform the key duties and responsibilities of an administrative assistant
- To effectively use Microsoft Office 2019 programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access
How you will benefit
- Be prepared for the Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) exam, Microsoft Office Specialist Certification exams MO-200 (Excel), MO-100 (Word), MO-300 (PowerPoint), MO-400 (Outlook), and MO-500 (Access)
- Be prepared for the Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) exam
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 12 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 425 course hours
- Certified Administrative Professional
- Organizational Communication (Part 1)
- Organizational Communication (Part 2)
- Business Writing and Document Production
- Technology and Information Distribution
- Office and Records Management
- Event and Project Management
- Human Resources
- Financial Functions
- Workplace Behaviors
- Becoming an Administrative Assistant and Advancing Your Career
- Microsoft Office Specialist 2019
- Microsoft Word 2019
- Microsoft Excel 2019
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2019
- Microsoft Outlook 2019
- Microsoft Access 2019
Becky Swaim has taught since 2000, focusing on Administrative Assistant Fundamentals, Administrative Assistant Applications, and Individual Excellence. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Speech Communication from California State University, Long Beach. Her experience includes managing large staff in medical billing and collections and as a program manager to various medical practices.
Tracy Berry has been a senior graphic designer/programmer, instructor, and consultant since 1993 and has developed hundreds of logos, marketing materials, websites, and multimedia solutions for customers worldwide. She was also involved in several large corporate software rollouts. She has helped many organizations optimize and streamline data solutions. She teaches both onsite and online courses and has her CTT (Certified Technical Trainer) certification. Tracy specializes in teaching graphics, desktop publishing, web design, and reporting/productivity applications.
While there are no prerequisites to take this course bundle, you must have previous experience as an administrative assistant to be eligible to sit for the Certified Administrative Professional certification exam.
Certified Administrative Professional Certification Eligibility Requirements
Candidates must meet specific education and administrative office support professional experience, which are:
- No College Degree - 4 years of relevant work experience is required
- Associates Degree - 3 years of relevant work experience is required
- Bachelor's Degree - 2 years of relevant work experience is required
All relevant work experience must have been earned within the last ten years. CAP certification is designed for office and administrative professionals who engage in the following:
- Communicate within the organization (both verbal and written)
- Conduct business writing, including proofreading and editing
- Maintain office functions and record keeping
- Plan meetings, events, and arrange travel
- Maintain budgets and basic accounting functions
- Manage time and other resources for themselves and others
- Utilize technology, including virtual and mobile, with strong computer and internet research skills
- Coordinate communications between internal staff and/or external clients
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs are not compatible.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and is also compatible.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access 2019 (not included in enrollment). While Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access 2019 is ideal, you can use the desktop versions that come with Microsoft 365. Please note that there may be some differences between your version of these programs and what you see in the course.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbook will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- The Administrative Professional, by Rankin and Shumack
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Yes. You will be prepared for the Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) certification offered by the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP). You will also be prepared for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification exams for Microsoft Word 2019, Microsoft Excel 2019, Microsoft PowerPoint 2019, Microsoft Outlook 2019, and Microsoft Access 2019.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course whenever you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
After you register, you will receive 12 months to complete the course. The time allotted for completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours.
If you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee will be charged. If you are funded through a third-party organization, approval may also be required.
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also be assigned a Student Advisor for academic support.
Upon successfully passing the final exam, you will be awarded a certificate of completion from the school or organization that you registered through.
ed2go courses will help you gain the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. However, you should always research the job market in your area before enrolling.
ed2go courses are non-credit, so they do not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA, and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards may provide funding to take our courses. Additionally, you may qualify for financial assistance if you meet certain requirements. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us."
You will receive six exam vouchers, one voucher for the CAP exam and five vouchers for the Microsoft MOS exams. Microsoft MOS Associate level exam vouchers will be provided for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. An expert level exam voucher will be provided for Access (there is no Associate level exam for Access for 2019). This course fully prepares you to sit for the Access expert level exam.