Certified Virtual Assistant
There is no shortage of jobs for online freelancers. In fact, Statista reports that in 2020, over 59 million people in the U.S. were freelancing. It is projected that in 2027, 86.5 million people will be freelancing, making up 50.9% of the total U.S. workforce. Virtual assistant salaries and monthly/yearly income vary based on experience, type of clients, and special skills. Some salaries start as low as $4/hour in the Philippines to as high as $65/hour in the U.S. Highly specialized skills...
University of the District of Columbia
What you will learn
- The blueprint on how to set your business up for long-term success by establishing the proper legal business structure, exploring insurance options, developing a lucrative rate structure, creating a branding style guide, and investing in tools and resources that help you work smarter, not harder, and more
- Master expert-level project management strategies by following our proven frameworks and best practices
- Advanced leadership and networking skills to solidify your authority and impact and gain the confidence to grow a team of professionals your clients can trust
How you will benefit
- Unlock best practices on how to activate your freedom lifestyle by transitioning from a corporate/9-to-5 role to running your own freelance business full-time
- Identify your superpowers and business niche and build a freelance business based on your passion (so "work" never feels like "work" again)
- Tap into failproof secrets on pricing and packaging your services and developing win-win proposals your dream clients will race to approve so they can start working with you
- Dig deep into the tech and systems you need to thrive as a business owner and implement profitable marketing campaigns, sales funnels, workflows and automated systems, cyber security policies, SEO practices, and more
- Develop the next-level customer service and problem-solving skills you need to wow clients and keep them referring to you and coming back to work with you again and again
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 9 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 240 course hours
- Overview of VA Careers
- Finding Your Niche (Superpower)
- Setting Up Your Business
- How To Sell & Book New Clients
- How to Charge for Your Services
- Marketing Systems, Workflows, & Automations
- Project Management
- Customer Service & Problem Solving
- Establishing Your Authority & Growing Your Team
Kendra Callow-Burgess, CVA
Kendra Callow-Burgess is an experienced virtual assistant and online business manager with a passion for streamlining operations and empowering businesses to reach their full potential. She provides expertise in administration, project management, and online business operations, making her an invaluable mentor for those embarking on their virtual assisting journey. As the instructor for the Certified Virtual Assisting program, Kendra provides students with the practical skills needed to excel in this dynamic field, preparing them to confidently navigate the complexities of the online landscape.
There are no prerequisites to complete this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Word Online
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
According to Indeed.com, the average virtual assistant salary in the U.S. is $23.87 an hour or $71,904 per year.
Yes, you will complete the Certified Virtual Assistant (CVA) exam as the final exam in the course to earn the certification through Lovegevity.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
After you register, you will receive 9 months to complete the course. The time allotted for completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
Upon successfully passing the final exam, you will be awarded a certificate of completion from the school or organization that you registered through.
ed2go courses will help you gain the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. However, you should always research the job market in your area before enrolling.
ed2go courses are non-credit, so they do not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA, and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards may provide funding to take our courses. Additionally, you may qualify for financial assistance if you meet certain requirements. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us."