Persuasive communication is essential not only for selling the products or services of the business but for obtaining financing and running daily operations. This course will provide you with the opportunity to gain confidence and improve their communication skills. Even the most skilled communicator can always learn additional techniques for success.
What you will learn
- The fundamentals of communication
- Non-verbal communication
- Power of listening
- Methods of persuasion
- Tips on effective public speaking
How you will benefit
- Any business professional will benefit from improved persuasive communication skills
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 3 Months access
- 30 course hours
- Fundamentals of Communication
- The Importance of Knowing the Audience in Persuasive Communication
- The Power of Listening
- Credibility of the Speaker is Key in Persuasion
- Evidence in Persuasion
- Emotion in Persuasion
- Organizing the Argument
- Monroe's Motivated Sequence
There are no prerequisites to complete this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Your course begins immediately after you enroll.
You have 3 months of access to the course. After enrolling, you can learn and complete the course at your own pace, within the allotted access period. You will have the opportunity to interact with other students in the online discussion area.
There is no time limit to complete each lesson, other than completing all lessons within the allotted access period. Discussion areas for each lesson are open for the entire duration of the course.
Because this course is self-paced, no extensions will be granted after the start of your enrollment.