Financial and Career Coach (Exam Included)
Financial situations can change in an instant. Luckily, career coaches help clients improve their professional and financial lives. If you work in career coaching, earning certification from the National Association of Certified Credit Counselors proves that you meet the highest benchmarks in the career development industry. This online course will prepare you for Financial and Career Coach certification, so you can bridge the gap between career development and financial counseling.
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Strategies to help clients navigate shifts in the economy
- To help clients set long term, goal-based solutions for success
- Methods that will enable clients to manage financial and career decisions
How you will benefit
- Be able to assess client resources and expenses, make calculations regarding debt, set goals and establish budgets
- Integrate community resources to help client increases their earning capacity and reach their career goals
- Holding certification from the National Association of Certified Credit Counselors (NACCC) signifies your advanced knowledge of financial and career counseling
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 120 course hours
- Coaching Basics and Cultural Responsiveness
- Effective and Productive Communication
- Understanding Facilitating Self-Reflection
- Addressing Client Needs
- Setting and Achieving Goals
- Financial and Career Coaching
- Financial Coaching Perspective
- Career Coaching Perspective
- Professional Ethics in Coaching
- Outreach, Engagement, and Data Collection
Bonnie Canty is an attorney licensed in five states: Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, and New York. She obtained her Juris Doctorate degree from Hofstra School of Law and practices general law through her firm ABC Law, PLLC. She has been hired by several businesses and organizations to train, coach, and consult. Canty currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Society of Financial and Career Counseling Professionals and has been a Certified Financial Counselor for almost two decades.
To be eligible for the Financial and Career Coach certification exam, you must hold certification as a Credit Counselor or Financial Health Counselor.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Speakers and video capabilities are required for viewing lecture videos.
- Access to webcam for final exam proctoring.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Yes. This course prepares for the Financial and Career Coach certification exam, offered by the National Association of Certified Credit Counselors (NACCC).
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
You may be assigned with an instructor or team of industry experts for one-on-one course interaction. Your support will be available (via email) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our instructors are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach. You will be assigned to an Advisor for academic support.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.