Across industries, sales representatives are on the frontline of growth and increased revenue. As the "face" of a business, sales representatives must be equal parts product expert, relationship manager, and persuasive negotiator. If one knows how to connect with leads and convert them into customers, they possess a vital skill set that can lead to a lucrative career in business development.
Learning basic sales mechanics is an effective way to start an entry-level career in sales and gain...
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Learn to open, manage and close deals
- Learn to manage customer relationships professionally
- Learn selling in a range of environments from trade shows, call centers and more
How you will benefit
- You will increase your employability by learning selling over a range of different styles and situations
- This course also focuses on building your EQ which is shown to improve the sales experience by helping you be in charge of yourself
- By learning to manage your customer's experience you will be able to generate more sales as well as repeat sales and quality reviews creating a positive feedback sales loop
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 100 course hours
- Sales Skills
- Customer Needs
- Call Center Sales Training
- Trade Shows: Getting the Most Out of Your Experience
- CRM – Introduction to Customer Relationship Management
- Dynamite Sales Presentations
- Your Emotional Intelligence
- Implement Quality Customer Service
Jamie Calbeto is an educator specializing in business, information technology, and logistics. He was both faculty at RMIT University Vietnam for more than a decade, teaching supply chain management and coordinating in the School of Business. Calbeto holds a Bachelor of Economics from University of Central Florida, a Master of Science in Industrial Technology from East Carolina University, and a Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching and Learning.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Any word processing application (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
You may be assigned with an instructor or team of industry experts for one-on-one course interaction. Your support will be available (via email) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our instructors are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach. You will be assigned to an Advisor for academic support.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.