Call Center Supervisor
The call center industry is rapidly evolving. Customers have more self-service options, so call centers are handling more advanced services. This course will prepare you for a supervisory role in a modern call center. You will gain the skills you need to effectively lead your team, including performance measurement, coaching, increasing morale, staff retention, tracking KPIs, quality assurance, and workforce management.
Association of Executive and Administrative Professionals
What you will learn
- The departmental functions within contact centers and the metrics associated with performance
- How to structure phone, email, chat and social media conversations for consistently positive outcomes
- The essentials for supervising and leading call center teams, including performance management, time management, and coaching techniques
- How to build a quality monitoring form, host calibration meetings, create the voice of the customer programs, quality monitoring programs, and interaction analytics programs
- A fundamental overview of workforce management for contact centers
How you will benefit
- Gain a full understanding of the agent's role and be an expert in best practices for handling customer contacts across channels
- Quality assurance and workforce management knowledge will empower you to communicate the needs of their teams effectively to provoke positive change
- Gain a firm understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a call center supervisor so that you can effectively lead a contact center
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 45 course hours
- Contact Center Basics
- The Power of One
- First Class Phone Skills
- Managing Challenging Callers
- Live Chat Essentials
- Email Essentials
- Social Media Customer Service
- Successful Sales
- Call Center Supervision Essentials
- The Art of Coaching
- Sales Coaching for Supervisors
- Successful Team Leadership
- Meet Performance Goals
- Call Center Time Management
- Quality Assurance
- WFM - Introduction
This is not an instructor facilitated course; however, support will be provided through email, online forms, and phone.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Yosemite 10.10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
You may be assigned with an instructor or team of industry experts for one-on-one course interaction. Your support will be available (via email) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our instructors are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach. You will be assigned to an Advisor for academic support.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.