Certified Quality Improvement Associate (CQIA)
Defining quality can be a challenge because it means different things to different people. It could mean meeting or exceeding the needs of customers or it could mean products being free from defects. Perhaps it's the excellent customer service you receive from an organization or the efficient processes used to provide a product or service.
This course introduces quality concepts to help you understand what quality means and how it is used every day gathered from a variety of industries. It will...
George Mason University
Details + Objectives
Course code: GES2006
What you will learn
- The history of Quality management
- How Quality benefits people and organizations
- The tools that can help solve problems and improve processes
How you will benefit
- Introdutroduction to quality concepts
- Preparation for the American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Improvement Associate certification exam
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 25 course hours
- Introduction: A Jumpstart into Quality
- Quality Concepts
- Terms, concepts, and principles
- Benefits of quality
- Quality philosophies
- Team Basics
- Team organization
- Roles and responsibilities
- Team formation and group dynamics
- Continuous Improvement Techniques
- Continuous improvement
- Process improvement
- Quality improvement tools
- Customer-Supplier Relations
- Internal and external customers and suppliers
- Customer satisfaction
- Supplier management
Instructors & Support
This is not an instructor facilitated course; however, support will be provided through email, online forms, and phone.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
- Digital copy: Certified Quality Improvement Associate Handbook
If you're planning on taking the American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Improvement Associate certification exam, this course will help you confirm your understanding of the items in the CQIA BoK using questions with feedback and interactive activities knowledge checks and tests built with exam-style, multiple-choice questions.
Please note that the questions in this course are not actual American Society for Quality (ASQ) exam questions.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Yes, you will be prepared for the American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Improvement Associate certification exam.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.