Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt and Green Belt (Exam Cost Included)
Lean Training is a great way to learn and advance your understanding of Lean Six Sigma. If you're a quality improvement professional looking to earn your Lean Six Sigma certification, this online training course will prepare you for the Yellow Belt and Green Belt certification exams.
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training focuses on the origins of Lean Six Sigma and why organizations benefit from it. You will learn Lean Six Sigma roles, the 8 Wastes, the DMAIC improvement method, and main tools and...
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Learn what Lean Six Sigma is, its origins, and its benefits
- Be able to list and describe the Lean Six Sigma Roles
- Be able to list and define each of the 8 Wastes
- Learn how to summarize the Lean Six Sigma improvement method known as DMAIC (Define,
- Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control)
- Be able to describe the main tools and techniques used in each of the five phases of DMAIC
- Learn how to collect data and track the success of projects
How you will benefit
- Prepare for the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt and Green Belt certification exam
- Jump-start your career in healthcare, technology, government, retail, finance, or the hospitality industry
- Understand how Lean Six Sigma can transform your workplace or home for the better
- Be able to streamline projects from start to finish by using Lean Six Sigma
- Help potential employers by identifying problems in processes and offering sustainable solutions
- Create added efficiency in any workplace, which is enticing to prospective employers and clients
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 9 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 60 course hours
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt (Exam Cost Included)
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma
- Lean Six Sigma Roles
- The 8 Wastes
- DMAIC Overview
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (Exam Cost Included)
- Introduction to Green Belt Training
- Define Phase – How to define the problem
- Measure Phase – How to measure the current process
- Analyze Phase – How to identify the cause of the problem
- Improve Phase – How to implement and verify the solution
- VI. Control Phase – How to maintain the solution
Tracy O'Rourke is a Master Black Belt with over 20 years of success helping organizations like the Department of Veterans Affairs, the State of Washington, Cisco, DC Shoes, GE, and Motorola learn and apply Lean and Six Sigma. Tracy is an accomplished facilitator, trainer, and presenter. She has a BA in English Literature from San Francisco State University and an MBA with emphasis in Leadership and Managing Organizational Change from Graziadio School of Business at Pepperdine University.
Elisabeth Swan is a Six Sigma Master Black Belt with over 20 years of experience consulting for organizations like Amazon, Charles Schwab, Burt's Bees, Microsoft, and Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide. Swan is an accomplished consultant, designer, and executive coach with expertise in training, process-based organization design, problem-solving, and change management. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from Barnard College.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Office Suite or Google Docs/Sheets/Slides/Forms & Apache OpenOffice (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Other: Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Yes. You will be prepared for the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification and be able to sit for the exam after successful completion of the course and financial obligation. You will also be prepared for the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification and be able to sit for the exam after successful completion of the course and financial obligation.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course whenever you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
After you register, you will receive 9 months to complete the course. The time allotted for completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours.
If you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee will be charged. If you are funded through a third-party organization, approval may also be required.
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also be assigned a Student Advisor for academic support.
Upon successfully passing the final exam, you will be awarded a certificate of completion from the school or organization that you registered through.
ed2go courses will help you gain the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. However, you should always research the job market in your area before enrolling.
ed2go courses are non-credit, so they do not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA, and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards may provide funding to take our courses. Additionally, you may qualify for financial assistance if you meet certain requirements. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us."