Office Manager (Voucher Included)
Office managers are vital in any business office setting, ensuring day-to-day workflow runs smoothly. This comprehensive online course will train you for a career as an office manager and equip you with a highly transferable skill set. You will learn effective business management techniques and gain essential computer software skills, including best practices for using QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Office 2019.
This course prepares you for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) 2019...
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Obtain essential skills required of the Microsoft Office 2019 suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook
- Successfully set up a company file in QuickBooks Online
- Perform fundamental analysis of accounts, financial documents, and reports
- Perform essential bookkeeping duties and tasks
- Understand and apply basic accounting principles to bookkeeping practices.
- Know the entire marketing process, including the roles of ethics and technology
- Develop basic practical and managerial skills
- Understand the process of negotiating, evaluate negotiation styles, and consider successful negotiation strategies for most environments
- Know the seven management disciplines essential to business success
How you will benefit
- Prepare to take the Microsoft Office Specialist Certification exams Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access
- Learn how to efficiently use the Microsoft Office suite
- Develop your professional communication skills and understand office etiquette
- Understand the best ways to create and send information or data for the most impact
- Gain confidence in your ability to use QuickBooks to perform bookkeeping tasks for any company
- Use basic, intermediate, and advanced features of QuickBooks Online proficiently
- Prepare for the QuickBooks Certified User Exam (QBCU) Exam
- Externship starter kit
- Develop communication skills that will allow you to thrive in a professional environment
- Explore your abilities as a leader and learn how to masterfully manage people and projects
- Gain an understanding of legal and financial regulations
- Set yourself apart from competitors by receiving management training
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 18 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 795 course hours
- Microsoft Office Master 2019 (MOS) Certification Training
- Microsoft Word 2019
- Introduction to Microsoft Word 2019
- Intermediate Microsoft Word 2019
- Advanced Microsoft Word 2019
- Microsoft Word 2019 Final Exam
- Microsoft Excel 2019
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2019
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel 2019
- Advanced Microsoft Excel 2019
- Microsoft Excel 2019 Final Exam
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2019
- Introduction to Microsoft PowerPoint 2019
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint 2019
- PowerPoint 2019 Final Exam
- Microsoft Outlook 2019
- Introduction to Microsoft Outlook 2019
- Advanced Microsoft Outlook 2019
- Microsoft Outlook Final Exam
- Microsoft Word 2019
- Professional Bookkeeping with QuickBooks Online
- Introduction to Bookkeeping
- Accounting Basics
- Getting Started With QuickBooks Online
- The Chart of Accounts
- Centers and Lists
- Bank Accounts
- Recording Expenses and Paying Bills
- Credit Cards and Loans
- Sales Receipts
- Invoices, Estimates, and Customizing Sales Forms
- Billable Expenses and Customer Credits
- Sales Taxes and Reports
- Midterm Exam
- Product and Service Items
- Managing Inventory
- Managing Projects and Sales
- Progress Invoicing, Late Fees, and Bad Debts
- Fixed Assets and Loans
- Business Entities and Owner Transactions
- Banking Rules, Receipts, and Budgets
- Adjusting and Reviewing the Books
- Starting a Bookkeeping Business
- Your Career Roadmap: The Job Search and Future Opportunities (Optional Lesson)
- Communication and Organization (Optional Lesson)
- Final Exam
- Management Training
- Financial and Accounting Management
- Marketing Management
- Strategic Management in Operations
- Legal Issues in Operations
- Legal Aspects of Contracts
- Tax Issues
- Organizational Development and Change
- Negotiating Strategies
- Business Best Practices
- Organization Leadership and Decision Making
- Project Management for Executives
- Seven Management Disciplines
Tracy Berry has been a senior graphic designer/programmer, instructor, and consultant since 1993 and has developed hundreds of logos, marketing materials, websites, and multimedia solutions for customers worldwide. She was also involved in several large corporate software rollouts. She has helped many organizations optimize and streamline data solutions. She teaches both onsite and online courses and has her CTT (Certified Technical Trainer) certification. Tracy specializes in teaching graphics, desktop publishing, web design, and reporting/productivity applications.
Wade Lindenberger is a CPA with over 20 years of financial accounting and management experience in public accounting and private industry. He is currently Director of Finance and Administration for New Children's Museum. Before his current position, he worked as the National Finance and Accounting Service Line Leader for Premier Alliance Group, a national professional services firm. Wade was also Director of the Finance and Accounting service line for the San Diego office of a global, publicly held professional services firm. Before becoming a consultant, Wade was Divisional Controller for one of the leading health and fitness club chains in the world. He has also been Internal Audit Manager and Divisional Controller for a division of a Fortune 500 global energy project management company. He began his career with Coopers & Lybrand, predecessor to PricewaterhouseCoopers, one of the "Big Four" CPA firms. He has previously served as an instructor for courses at Coopers & Lybrand and at the University of California at San Diego for the Extension Course and is currently an adjunct professor at the University of San Diego School of Business. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Bookkeepers' Advisory Board.
Helene K. Liatsos is business advisor and QuickBooks Certified Advisor with more than 25 years of experience. She consults for a range of companies, from travel agencies to startups. Her company Home Office Management Experts was awarded the 2004 Home-Based Business of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration. Helene holds a Bachelor of Arts from Fairleigh Dickinson University.
Katrina McBride's career reflects extensive experience in organizational leadership, marketing strategies, and market development in multi-national corporate environments. Her leadership abilities have been utilized to develop new programs and functional areas. In director-level positions for Nortel Networks, she led strategy for competitive intelligence, emerging markets, and lead generation. McBride holds an M.A. in organizational management and a B.S. in psychology.
Katherine Squires Pang, J.D., LL.M., M.Ed has practiced law with since 1983. She has served as an adjunct faculty member in the Graduate School of Management at the University of Texas, Dallas, and has been an adjunct faculty member of many universities, including New York University and the University of California, Irvine. She received her B.A. in 1980 from Clark University, her J.D. from the University of Dayton Law School in 1982, her LL.M in Taxation from Georgetown University Law School in 1983, and her M.Ed from the University of Texas in 2001.
Jerry L. Partridge is a Certified Project Management Professional with experience as a project and program manager for a major retail organization. He is a certified instructor for IBM project management courses and hosts university seminars for project managers seeking certification. He has worked extensively with the Project Management Institute, previously leading a team that developed a practice standard for Earned Value Management Systems and volunteering as a subject matter expert for an update to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK). Partridge holds a Master of Business Administration from Central Michigan University and a Bachelor of Science from Texas A&M University.
You should have basic keyboarding and computer skills, be comfortable navigating the Internet and using email, and have an understanding of a word-processing program (such as Word). This course is intended for anyone interested in developing their management skills. You should also be comfortable using a personal computer and be familiar with operating Windows Office software.
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs and Chromebooks are not compatible.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access 2019 (not included in enrollment). While Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access 2019 is ideal, you can use the versions that comes with Office 365. Please note that there may be some differences between your version of these programs and what you see in the course.
- QuickBooks Online (Free 1-year subscription and practice site included in enrollment.) An additional subscription or software purchase for QuickBooks Online is not required to complete this course. However, please note that this course is only suitable for the QuickBooks Online version.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment Professional Bookkeeping with QuickBooks Online portion of the course:
- Bookkeeping for Dummies, 2nd Edition
- QuickBooks Online software
- Your enrollment in this course includes a free 1-year full subscription to QuickBooks Online. You will be shown how to access and activate this subscription.
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment in the Management Training portion of the course:
- Managing by the Numbers: A Commonsense Guide to Understanding and using your Company's Financials
- Strategic Planning - A Pragmatic Guide
Yes, you will be prepared for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification exams: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access. You will also be prepared for the Intuit QuickBooks Certified User (QBCU) exam upon completion of the course.
Not exactly. There are five major parts to the accounting process and they include recording, interpreting, classifying, analyzing, and reporting financial information. Bookkeeping is the first, foundational part of the accounting process — recording financial transactions. However, bookkeeping is a great first step into an accounting career, and with additional education, you use this as a way to gain experience and become an accountant in the future.
You will need to have a high school diploma as well as some type of bookkeeping or accounting training to become a professional bookkeeper. An online course like this one is a great place to start. You can try out this great career to ensure that bookkeeping is something you enjoy doing. If you want to stay competitive and qualify for more job opportunities at higher levels down the road, you may want to think about earning an associate degree in bookkeeping or accounting along with your training and experience on the job.
Most bookkeepers work in an office environment during typical 9 to 5 hours and spend a large amount of their time in front of a computer. As a professional bookkeeper, you will usually be working alone but may have a few people from other areas of accounting that work alongside you. It is even possible that you could work remotely from home for one or more organizations at a time.
No, bookkeepers do not do company taxes. Taxes are done by an accountant. However, bookkeepers play an important role in making sure that financial transactions are recorded in a timely and accurate manner. This ensures that the financial information for a company is easy to read and use once it is time for an accountant to take over and do the taxes.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course whenever you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
After you register, you will receive 18 months to complete the course. The time allotted for completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours.
If you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee will be charged. If you are funded through a third-party organization, approval may also be required.
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also be assigned a Student Advisor for academic support.
Upon successful completion, you will be awarded a certificate of completion from the school or organization that you registered through.
ed2go courses will help you gain the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. However, you should always research the job market in your area before enrolling.
ed2go courses are non-credit, so they do not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA, and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards may provide funding to take our courses. Additionally, you may qualify for financial assistance if you meet certain requirements. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us."