PMI Risk Management Professional
When it comes to cybersecurity projects, there are many knowns and unknowns. Luckily, risk management professionals plan for all potential risks during a project's lifecycle. If you manage complex projects, earning the PMI RMP certification confirms that you can identify, assess, and mitigate project risks. This online project management course will fully prepare you for the Project Management Institute's Risk Management Professional certification exam.
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Recognize and implement policies, processes, and procedures for risk assessment, planning, and
- Interpret the need to have stakeholders and project team members understand project risk management concept while prioritizing project risk and promoting risk ownership
- Analyze the facilitation of risk identification, evaluation, prioritization, and response among team members
- Identify the processes of monitoring, evaluating, and communicating risk and risk responses
- Demonstrate abilities to use quantitative and qualitative risk management tools and techniques
How you will benefit
- Build confidence toward successfully completing the certification exam
- Become recognized by Project Management Institute (PMI), a global leader in project management certification, training, and career development
- Prove comprehensive risk management knowledge and skills to employers
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 50 course hours
- Risk Management
- Framework and Lifecycle
- Portfolio Management
- Program Management
- Project Management
Jeff Rees has over 25 years of experience in the IT industry. Jeff's expertise covers a wide range of technical skills in the field of immersive technology, such as virtual reality, augmented reality, spatial computing, and holograms. He manages, creates, and delivers high-quality augmented and virtual reality technology experiences that enhance knowledge retention and engagement for learners. Jeff capitalizes on his multifaceted technical knowledge with his passion for implementing immersive solutions, which has given him a proven track record of producing one-of-a-kind solutions for clients. Jeff has previously served as a senior vice president of operations, chief technology officer, and technical director for diverse technology companies. Jeff has also taught numerous computer courses during his career. Jeff holds a bachelor's degree from DeVry University in Computer Sciences with an emphasis in Simulation Design.
While there are no prerequisites to take this course, PMI requires the following to be eligible for the exam:
- Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate degree, or the global equivalent)
- 4,500 hours of project risk management experience
- 40 hours of project risk management education
- Four-year degree (bachelor's degree or the global equivalent)
- 3,000 hours of project risk management experience
- 30 hours of project risk management education
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- The Standard for Risk Management in Portfolios, Programs, and Projects
Please Note: You will receive a digital book if the physical book is on backorder.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
This course will prepare you for PMI Risk Management Professional exam. Learn more about the certification requirements.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.