George Mason University
What you will learn
- Use an Agile approach to effectively manage a project's schedule, scope, budget, quality, and team
- Tangible, effective methods of team-based planning
- Creating transparent communication among and with customers
- Prioritizing methods that will help the team build trust with customers
- Connecting all five levels of planning to create cadence for the team
- Establishing a road map for what you want to apply to your team and how success with Agile can be achieved
How you will benefit
- This course helps prepare you for the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Complete in 3 months or less
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 3 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 60 course hours
- Intro to the PMI-ACP
- Terminology and exam content outline review
- Knowledge and skills area overview
- The Agile Manifesto
- Empirical Process Control
- Domain I: Agile Principles and Mindset
- Overview of Agile Methodologies
- Extreme Programming
- Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM)
- Lean Product/Software Development
- Feature Driven Development (FDD)
- Crystal Methods
- Adaptive Software Development (ASD)
- Developing a Successful Mindset
- Domain II: Value Driven Delivery
- ROI and Benefit Measurement Methods
- Earned Value
- Key Performance Indicators
- The Gulf of Misunderstanding
- Dot Voting or Multi-Voting
- Monopoly Money
- Kano Analysis
- Customized Procurement
- Domain III: Stakeholder Engagement
- Charters and Agile Projects
- Techniques of Pre-Project Engagement
- The Definition of Done
- Agile Knowledge Sharing and Communication
- Interpersonal skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Adaptive Leadership
- Domain IV: Team Performance
- Tuckman's Ladder
- Shu-Ha-Ri and Skill Mastery
- Dreyfus Model:5 stages of skill acquisition
- Collaborative Working Environments
- Osmotic Communication
- Team and Individual Coaching
- Velocity tracking
- Burn Down and Burn Up Charts
- Domain V: Adaptive Planning
- Iteration Zero
- Analyzing Based on Business Value
- Epics, Features and User Stories
- Story Mapping
- Relative Sizing
- Planning Poker
- Sprint Calculations
- Iterations and Spikes
- Initial Velocity Planning
- Domain VI: Problem Detection and Resolution
- The Cost of Changes
- Lead, Cycle Time and WIP
- Determining Defects
- Common and Special Causes
- Risk Adjusted backlog
- Risk Burndown Charts
- Domain VII: Continuous Improvement
- Process Tailoring
- Cycle Time and Value Streams
- Value Stream Mapping
- Total Cycle Time and Process Efficiency
- Continuous Product Improvement
- Intraspectives and Retrospectives
Ashley Hunt is a project management instructor recognized around the world, with authorship of books on PMP, ACP, and Project+. Ashley holds some of the most highly respected certifications in the field, including PMI-PMP, PMI ACP, Project+, PMI-CAPM, and Disciplined Agile Scrum Master (DASM). Ashley has helped over 10,000 individuals get their PMP certification using extensive teaching experience and expertise gained in Agile Project Management, Waterfall/Predictive Project Management, Disciplined Agile, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft 365.
There are no prerequisites for the course. To sit for the PMI-ACP Exam the prerequisites are:
- Secondary degree
- 21 contact hours of training in agile practices
- 12 months of general project experience within the last 5 years. A current PMP® or PgMP® will satisfy this requirement but is not required to apply for the PMI-ACP.
- 8 months of agile project experience within the last 3 years
- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Word Online
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
This course will help prepare you to sit for the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) ®.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course whenever you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
After you register, you will receive 3 months to complete the course. The time allotted for completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
Our courses are designed to accommodate various learning preferences. Depending on the course structure, you may get different forms of support. Self-paced courses are designed to be user-friendly and independent, minimizing the need for external support. In courses with instructors, our direct platform support feature includes opportunities for questions, discussions, and remediation, with email and phone support available for select courses. Our student advising team is available to guide you on program requirements and administrative requests, but they do not provide assistance with course content. Our goal is to provide you with the necessary support for success, whether it's through self-paced exploration, direct communication, or guidance from our advising team.
Upon successfully passing the final exam, you will be awarded a certificate of completion from the school or organization that you registered through.
ed2go courses will help you gain the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. However, you should always research the job market in your area before enrolling.
ed2go courses are non-credit, so they do not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA, and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards may provide funding to take our courses. Additionally, you may qualify for financial assistance if you meet certain requirements. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us."