Microsoft Access 2019/Office 365 Series
Virtually every industry benefits from information management and Microsoft Access is one of the most widely used programs used for this task. Data ranging from inventory to customer information can be effectively organized with this longstanding software. If you work with databases of any kind, learning the ins and outs of Access 2019 will allow you to take a stronger role in database management.
This course bundle will teach how to use Access to organize, store, and document essential...
The Microsoft Access 2019/Office 365 Series provides a comprehensive overview of Access 2019. You will first learn the basic functions of Access and then learn more advanced techniques that fully utilize this powerful software.
The Introductory course will teach you fundamental data management techniques, like creating forms and tables, efficient data entry, and editing. You will also learn how to use Access to develop queries that locate and isolate records and to design professional reports. By the time you have finished the course, you will know how to organize and assemble an effective database for any kind of information you need to store, document, and manage.
The Intermediate course builds on your previous Access skills. You will start by importing customer and order information from several Excel spreadsheets as tables in a new database. Once you have mastered proper table construction, you will learn how to create forms to manage table data. Then, you will discover how to construct crosstab and summary queries, and crunch numbers using query calculations. Finally, you will build a navigation form, so users can search your database.
Series bundles are not eligible for partial drops or refunds. Transfers to other open sessions of the same course are available. Please refer to your school for additional details regarding drops, transfers, and refunds on Series bundles.
How the course is taught
- Instructor-led online course
- 48 course hours
- Introduction to Microsoft Access 2019/Office 365
- Getting to Know Access 2019
- Controlling Your Access Table Fields
- Creating Tables and Relationships
- Building Powerful Forms
- Adding Versatility to Forms
- Interviewing Your Database
- Taking Queries to the Next Level
- Multi-Table Query Control
- Reporting on Your Tables
- Creating Query-Based Reports
- Mastering Report Design
- Automating Your Database With Macros
- Intermediate Microsoft Access 2019/Office 365
- Reviewing Terms and Importing Data
- Key Fields and Action Queries
- Relationships of the Database Kind
- Creating and Modifying Forms
- Subforms and the Tab Control
- Query Calculations
- Summary Queries
- Building Reports That Pinpoint Key Information
- Run Reports from a Custom Dialog Box
- Using Visual Basic to Automate the Reports Dialog Box
- Putting It All Together
Laurie Ann Ulrich is lead instructor at the Digital Workshop and has taught since 1992. In addition, she has consulted with corporations on the use of Access for more than 20 years. Outside of teaching, Ulrich is CEO of Limehat & Company, a digital media company. She is also the author and co-author of more than 30 published books on computers, software, and the internet.
Ken Cook has managed his own successful computer consulting business since 1990. He began as a trainer, instructing numerous users on a variety of software packages, specializing in Microsoft Office. Currently, his main focus is creating expert Microsoft Office solutions, Microsoft Access database solutions, and Microsoft SQL Server solutions for Fortune 500 and small business clients. He is also co-author of four "Access for Dummies" books.
There are no prerequisites to take the Introduction course. Completion of "Introduction to Microsoft Access" is required to complete the Intermediate course.
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs are not compatible.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Microsoft Access 2019 desktop (not included in enrollment). Available to download with a subscription to Microsoft 365, or with Microsoft Office Professional 2019.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
A new session of each course opens every month, allowing you to enroll whenever your busy schedule permits!
Once a session starts, two lessons will be released each week, for the six-week duration of your course. You will have access to all previously released lessons until the course ends.
The interactive discussion area for each lesson automatically closes two weeks after each lesson is released, so you're encouraged to complete each lesson within two weeks of its release.
The final exam will be released on the same day as the last lesson. Once the final exam has been released, you will have two weeks plus 10 days to complete the final and finish any remaining lessons in your course. No further extensions can be provided beyond these 10 days.