Microsoft SharePoint is a collaborative tool that allows teams to work together to create web-based environments. This SharePoint course is for end-users and site owners/managers new to working in a SharePoint environment. The course teaches SharePoint basics such as working with lists and libraries, simple page customization, working with forms, and managing site permissions and users. By the end of this course, you will be able to confidently use Microsoft SharePoint and collaborate with others to manage and share documents and data effectively.
What you will learn
- Navigate a SharePoint 2019 Team Site
- Create SharePoint lists
- Customize SharePoint lists
- Create SharePoint libraries
- Manage library document versions
How you will benefit
- Gain skills that will benefit you when collaborating with teams
- Learn valuable skills in working with SharePoint sites
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 3 Months access
- 14 course hours
- SharePoint 2019 Introduction
- SharePoint Versions
- Team Site Layout and Navigation
- SharePoint List Basics
- Creating Apps Using List Templates
- Creating Lists
- Creating Lists Using List Templates
- List Columns
- Creating List Columns
- Column Validation
- Validating a List Column
- Library Basics
- Library Templates
- Creating Libraries
- Creating a Document Library and Adding Columns
- Creating an Asset Library
- Managing Documents and Versioning
- Checking Out Documents
- Deleting and Restoring Documents
- Working with Lists and Library Views
- Default Views
- Explore Default Views
- Custom Views
- How to Create a Custom View
- Working with Sites
- Site Templates
- Creating Sites
- Creating a Team Site
- Site Navigation
- Managing Site Navigation
- Page Content
- Wiki Library Pages
- Editing the Team Site Home Page
- Web Part Pages
- Creating a Web Part Page
- Working with Web Parts
- Adding Web Parts to Pages
- Site Columns and Content Types
- Site Column Gallery
- Explore the Site Column Gallery
- Creating Site Columns
- Create a Custom Site Column
- Add a Site Column to a List
- Site Content Type Gallery
- Explore the Site Content Types Gallery
- Creating Content Types
- How to Create and Use Content Types
- Office Integration
- Excel Integration
- Import Excel Spreadsheet to List
- Export List Data to Excel
- Outlook Integration
- Create an Alert
- Subscribe to a List's RSS Feed
- Connect to Outlook
- Access Integration
- Open a List with Access
- Managing SharePoint Site Permissions
- SharePoint Groups
- Assigning Permissions
- Permission Levels
- Permissions Inheritance
- Participating in User Communities
- Configure User Profiles and My Sites
- People Newsfeeds
- Documents Newsfeed
- Sites Newsfeed
- Tags Newsfeed
- Managing Personal Sites
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs are not compatible.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
- Microsoft SharePoint 2019 Optional (not included in enrollment)
Instructional Material Requirements
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Your course begins immediately after you enroll.
You have 3 months of access to the course. After enrolling, you can learn and complete the course at your own pace, within the allotted access period. You will have the opportunity to interact with other students in the online discussion area.
There is no time limit to complete each lesson, other than completing all lessons within the allotted access period. Discussion areas for each lesson are open for the entire duration of the course.
Because this course is self-paced, no extensions will be granted after the start of your enrollment.