Microsoft Excel and Access 2019 Suite
Master the use of two of the most widely used data management programs in the world when you complete the Microsoft Excel and Access 2019 Suite. Discover dozens of shortcuts and tricks that can help you become more efficient, build a fully functional database, and learn some of the more advanced features that will have you using Microsoft Excel and Access like a pro.
University of the District of Columbia
Microsoft Excel 2019 and Microsoft Access 2019 are two of the most used programs to track and manage data sets. This course will teach you how use Microsoft Excel 2019 and Microsoft Access 2019.
Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2019
Learn to quickly and efficiently use Microsoft Excel 2019 as you discover dozens of shortcuts and tricks for setting up fully formatted worksheets. This course, taught by an experience Microsoft Excel instructor, provides in-depth knowledge for beginners that will have you using Excel like a pro.
Intermediate Microsoft Excel 2019
Master new skills and harness the power of Excel to become a power user. This hands-on course provides in-depth knowledge of charts, graphs, PivotTables, Slicers, Sparklines, AutoFilter, macros, and other advanced Microsoft Excel 2019 functions.
Introduction to Microsoft Access 2019
Build, edit, and maintain databases in Microsoft Access 2019 using tables, reports, forms, and queries to give you fast access to all your important information. This hands-on course for beginners provides the skills to create an effective database for any type of information at home or on the job.
Intermediate Microsoft Access 2019
Develop a fully functional database in this hands-on Microsoft Access 2019 course. Master advanced techniques for presenting data, automating common tasks, and building navigation as you work to create a database project from scratch.
Suite bundles are not eligible for partial drops or refunds. Transfers to other open sessions of the same course are available. Please refer to your school for additional details regarding drops, transfers, and refunds on Suite bundles.
How the course is taught
- Instructor-led online course
- 96 course hours
- Intermediate Microsoft Access 2019
- Reviewing Terms and Importing Data
- Key Fields and Action Queries
- Relationships of the Database Kind
- Creating and Modifying Forms
- Subforms and the Tab Control
- Query Calculations
- Summary Queries
- Building Reports That Pinpoint Key Information
- Run Reports from a Custom Dialog Box
- Using Visual Basic to Automate the Reports Dialog Box
- Putting It All Together
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel 2019
- Excel Charts and Graphs
- More Excel Charts
- AutoFilter and Sorting
- Goal Seeking
- Pivot Tables
- Advanced PivotTables
- Introduction to Functions
- Math/Trig Functions
- VLOOKUP, INDEX, and MATCH Functions
- Introduction to Microsoft Access 2019
- Getting to Know Access 2019
- Controlling Your Access Table Fields
- Creating Tables and Relationships
- Building Powerful Forms
- Adding Versatility to Forms
- Interviewing Your Database
- Taking Queries to the Next Level
- Multi-Table Query Control
- Reporting on Your Tables
- Creating Query-Based Reports
- Mastering Report Design
- Automating Your Database With Macros
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2019
- Excel Basics
- Creating a Worksheet
- Relative, Absolute, Mixed, and Circular References
- Three-Dimensional Workbooks
- Sorting, Subtotaling, and Filtering
- Charting Basics
- Advanced Charting Techniques
- Intro to Excel's Statistical Functions
- Financial Functions
- Worksheet Automation
- Mastering Excel's IF Function
Chad Wambolt has spent his entire professional career in the finance field, working for both private and publicly-held companies with sales ranging from $500 million to $3 billion. He is a graduate of Boise State University, where he obtained his bachelor's degree in accounting. Through the course of his career, Wambolt became an expert user of Microsoft Excel. Since 1997, he has taught Excel to students of varying skill levels and helped organizations streamline internal processes.
Laurie Ulrich has been writing about and teaching people to use Microsoft Office for more than 20 years—including personally training thousands of students, writing hundreds of training manuals, and authoring and co-authoring more than 30 books on subjects including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access. Her books include 2000-page epics that document every button, bell, and whistle, as well as friendlier introductory and troubleshooting books for new users. Her most recent publication on Microsoft Access is Access 2016 for Dummies. In addition to writing and teaching, Laurie runs her own firm, Limehat & Company, providing training, marketing, graphic design, and web development services to clients throughout the world, with a focus on helping growing companies and non-profit organizations build their brand through effective promotions, outreach, and education.
Ken Cook has managed his own successful computer consulting business since 1990. He began as a trainer, instructing numerous users on a variety of software packages, specializing in Microsoft Office. Currently, his main focus is creating expert Microsoft Office solutions, Microsoft Access database solutions, and Microsoft SQL Server solutions for Fortune 500 and small business clients. He is also co-author of four "Access for Dummies" books.
Instructor Interaction: The instructor looks forward to interacting with learners in the online moderated discussion area to share their expertise and answer any questions you may have on the course content.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs are not compatible.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Microsoft Access 2019, 2021 and Office 365 desktop (not included in enrollment). Available to download with a subscription to Microsoft 365, or with Microsoft Office Professional. Please note: There may be some differences between your version of Access and what you see in the course.
- Microsoft Excel 2019, 2021 and Office 365 desktop (not included in enrollment). Available to download with a subscription to Microsoft 365, or with Microsoft Office Professional.
- *Note: The "Starter Version" and "Web App" versions of Microsoft Excel will not work with the full version of Excel taught in this course.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
A new session of each course opens every month, allowing you to enroll whenever your busy schedule permits!
Once a session starts, two lessons will be released each week, for the six-week duration of your course. You will have access to all previously released lessons until the course ends.
The interactive discussion area for each lesson automatically closes two weeks after each lesson is released, so you're encouraged to complete each lesson within two weeks of its release.
The final exam will be released on the same day as the last lesson. Once the final exam has been released, you will have two weeks plus 10 days to complete the final and finish any remaining lessons in your course. No further extensions can be provided beyond these 10 days.