QuickBooks continues to be the dominant accounting software used by small and medium-sized businesses. Today more than ever, the cloud-based QuickBooks Online is quickly replacing desktop accounting software versions due to its accessibility and flexibility. This course series will teach you how to manage your business financials using QuickBooks Online.
The Introduction to QuickBooks Online course focuses on key features of QuickBooks Online, so you can gain hands-on experience creating invoices, receipts, and statements; track payables, inventory, and receivables; generating reports; and more. The Intermediate QuickBooks Online course builds upon the skills learned in the Introduction to QuickBooks Online course. You will how to set up your accounts for different types of businesses, enter budgets, and how to track situations in which the owner uses or invests company funds.
Series bundles are not eligible for partial drops or refunds. Transfers to other open sessions of the same course are available. Please refer to your school for additional details regarding drops, transfers, and refunds on Series bundles.
How the course is taught
- Instructor-led online course
- 24 course hours
Introduction to Quickbooks Online
- Getting Started
- Accounting Basics
- The Chart of Accounts
- Centers and Lists
- Bank Accounts
- Recording Expenses
- Paying Bills
- Credit Cards and Loans
- Recording Income
- Invoices and Estimates
- Billable Expenses and Customer Credits
- Sales Taxes and Reports
Intermediate QuickBooks Online
- Managing Setting, Users, and Accountants
- Product and Service Items
- Managing Inventory
- Customizing Sales Forms and Tracking Classes and Locations.
- Managing Projects and Sales
- Progress Invoicing and Bad Debts
- Payroll and Gift Cards
- Fixed Assets and Loans
- Business Entities and Owner Transactions.
- Banking Rules and Budgets
- Multiple Currencies and Vehicle Mileage
- Adjusting and Reviewing the Books
Scott Paxton is a Certified Public Accountant and holds master's degrees in business administration and accounting. His background includes experience as a public accountant, a manager in the banking industry, an entrepreneur and a college business instructor. Paxton has also spent much of his career helping small business owners successfully implement and troubleshoot QuickBooks.
There are no prerequisites to take these courses.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Applications must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- QuickBooks Online: When your course starts, you will be directed to access and utilize the free QuickBooks Online practice site to complete the lessons. No subscription or purchase is needed. (Please Note: This course is only for the QuickBooks Online version. The desktop versions are not compatible and should not be used. If you have the desktop version, please consider the course specifically designed for your version.)
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
A new session of each course opens every month, allowing you to enroll whenever your busy schedule permits!
Once a course session starts, two lessons will be released each week for the six-week duration of your course. You will have access to all previously released lessons until the course ends.
The interactive discussion area for each lesson automatically closes two weeks after each lesson is released, so you're encouraged to complete each lesson within two weeks of its release.
The final exam will be released on the same day as the last lesson. Once the final exam has been released, you will have two weeks plus 10 days (24 days total) to complete the Final and finish any remaining lessons in your course. No further extensions can be provided beyond these 10 days.