Data Science and Analytics Boot Camp
The Data Science and Analytics Boot Camp is a job-ready training program that helps you truly master the data science and data analytics field within 28 weeks. This boot camp is designed to be rigorous and packed with challenges covering data science and analytics concepts, theories, and projects to strengthen your capacities in diversified data analytics tools and coding languages. Throughout your training, you will acquire the skills and knowledge to achieve your data analyst certification or...
University of the District of Columbia
What you will learn
- Go into the history of data science and its uses
- Comprehend key concepts such as accuracy, precision, confidence correlation, and causation
- Review the history of machine learning, current applications, and basic models the students should know
- Acquire the essential mathematical concepts required for machine learning.
- Learn how to visualize data using Power BI
- Visualize data with Microsoft Excel
- Learn how to use Python, NumPy, Matplotlib, Seaborn, and Pandas
- Go over the concepts around Querying Data with SQL
- Discover best practices around storytelling and data presentations
How you will benefit
- Be able to apply various data science and data analytics concepts in real-life situations/projects
- Prepare for in-demand job roles within the data analytics industry
- Receive 10 30-minute online coaching sessions with your instructor
- Possess the knowledge to pass the Microsoft PL-300 exam, which is a requirement to work as a Microsoft Certified Data Analyst
- Have the opportunity to complete the provided bonus courses that help you prepare for the Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900), Azure Data Fundamentals (DP-900), and Azure Data Scientist (DP-100) exams
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 7 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 533 course hours
- Introduction to Data Science and Analytics
- Introduction to Mathematics for Data Science
- Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Microsoft Excel
- Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Microsoft Power BI
- Exploratory Data Analysis: 1st Data Science Project
- Introduction to Python for Data Science
- Essential Math for Machine Learning: Python Edition
- Data Science Research Methods: Python Edition
- Application of Machine Learning: Python Implementation
- Machine Learning: 2nd Data Science Project
- Querying Data with SQL
- Data Presentation and Visualization
- Data Querying and Cleaning: 3rd Data Science Project
- Ethics and Law in Data & Analytics
- Analytics Storytelling for Impact
- Capstone Project: Analyzing the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Bonus Course Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900)
- Bonus Course Azure Data Fundamentals (DP-900)
- Bonus Course Azure Data Scientist (DP-100)
- Time to Dive In! – Resources to help you get hired
Felix Quinque has a Ph.D. in Quantum Computing from the University of Portsmouth and a B.S. degree in Artificial Intelligence and Physics from Maastricht University. He is the Co-Founder & Director of OctoShrew, a machine learning consultancy, and software development firm.
- Experience working in Analyst Roles (Business Analyst, Financial Analyst etc.)
- Good understanding of Mathematics and/or Statistics.
- Some Basic Programming Knowledge
- This course must be taken on a PC device. A Mac OS or Chromebook is not compatible.
- PC: Windows 8 or later operating systems. However, it is recommended to have Windows 10 to avoid compatibility issues.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Yes, this boot camp will prep you for the Microsoft PL-300 (Power BI Data Analyst), and with the included bonus courses, you have the option to prepare for the following exams, Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900), Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals (DP-900), and the Microsoft Azure Data Scientist (DP-100).
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course whenever you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
After you register, you will receive 7 months to complete the course. The time allotted for completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
As part of your course, you will have access to 10 30-minute online coaching sessions with your instructor. Additionally, the instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
Upon successfully passing the final exam, you will be awarded a certificate of completion from the school or organization that you registered through.
ed2go courses will help you gain the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. However, you should always research the job market in your area before enrolling.
ed2go courses are non-credit, so they do not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA, and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards may provide funding to take our courses. Additionally, you may qualify for financial assistance if you meet certain requirements. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us."