This course covers a variety of skills that every developer should know, like working with zipped folders and taking screenshots to working with Visual Studio Code and interacting with the developer community on Stack Overflow. These skills will help any developer be core prepared for additional learning and day-to-day work as a developer.
What you will learn
- How to create and extract zip files on a Windows computer or a Mac
- How to show extensions on a Windows computer or on a Mac
- How to take screenshots
- Basic commands in each shell
- Navigate the file system using relative paths and absolute paths
How you will benefit
- By learning these basic skills, developers will be more prepared to learn and develop additional skills.
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 3 Months access
- 14 course hours
- Zip Files
- Showing Extensions
- Taking Screenshots
- Using Command-Line Shell
- Relative and Absolute Paths
- Environment Variables
- Visual Studio Code
- Stack Overflow
There are no prerequisites to taking this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Mac: macOS 11.0 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
You can start this course at any time your schedule permits.
You have 3 month access to the course. After enrolling, you can learn and complete the course at your own pace, within the allotted access period.
There is no time limit to complete each lesson, other than completing all lessons within the allotted access period.
Because this course is self-paced, no extensions will be granted after the start of your enrollment.