NASM Certified Nutrition Coach (Exam Included)
Nutrition plays a key role in almost every aspect of the health and fitness industry. Beyond fitness instruction, many clients want to pick up healthy eating patterns and make long term behavior changes. This industry-recognized certification proves that you understand nutritional science and behavior change strategies and can effectively coach clients.
Upon completing this nutrition course final exam successfully, you will be a NASM Certified Nutrition Coach.
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Foundational principles of nutrition science, including metabolism, macronutrients, micronutrients, hydration, alcohol, and nutrient timing
- How culture, age, geographic region, and socioeconomic status influence dietary eating patterns
- To customize a communication and coaching approach to fit your client's profile
- To conduct a comprehensive client assessment and body composition testing
- To explain the mechanisms and science behind trending diets
How you will benefit
- As a NASM Certified Nutrition Coach, you will be able to coach clients in both fitness and nutrition
- Be able to create customized, evidence-based nutrition programs for your fitness clients
- Gain the skills and expertise needed to fill several health and fitness jobs, such as sports nutritionist, weight management consultant, and wellness coach
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 80 course hours
- Nutritional Science
- Behavior Change Strategies
- Nutrition Coaching
This is not an instructor facilitated course; however, support will be provided through email, online forms, and phone.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Yes. This course prepares you for the NASM Certified Nutrition Coach certification. The final exam in the course is the certification exam.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.