Grammar and Writing Skills for the Health Professional (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Learn to confidently write medical reports, correspondence, emails, progress notes, charting, research and other professional documentation one would encounter in the healthcare environment. This course is packed with real-life applications as you review the entire writing process.
Communication skills are crucial in the health care profession. From emails to reporting, correct grammar usage and writing techniques are important aspects of professional success. Whether you're an entry-level health care professional or an industry veteran, this course will help you sharpen or maintain your communication skills.
This course focuses on correct grammar usage within the health care profession. Packed with real life applications, you will review the entire writing process, emphasizing the importance of quality writing. By course completion, you will be able to confidently write medical reports, correspondences, emails, progress notes, charting, research, and other professional documentation one would encounter in the healthcare environment.
What you will learn
- Grammar and writing guidelines and practical knowledge in real-world practice
- Advanced grammar concepts such as sentences, clauses, phrases, punctuation, and prepositions
- The thinking process involved in writing and grammar
- The step-by-step writing process for resumes, cover letters, and more
How you will benefit
- Confidently use writing to communicate your thoughts and ideas and perform daily tasks
- Learn to create documents and communications for work that are professional and polished
- Open the door to more career opportunities with well-written, error-free resumes and cover letters
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 3 Months access
- 45 course hours
- The Basics of Grammar
- Advanced Grammar
- Sentences, Clauses, and Phrases
- Prepositions, Conjunctions, and Paragraphs
- Putting It All Together
- The Writing Process
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
- The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Your course begins immediately after you enroll.
You have 3 months of access to the course. After enrolling, you can learn and complete the course at your own pace, within the allotted access period. You will have the opportunity to interact with other students in the online discussion area.
There is no time limit to complete each lesson, other than completing all lessons within the allotted access period. Discussion areas for each lesson are open for the entire duration of the course.
Because this course is self-paced, no extensions will be granted after the start of your enrollment.