Animal Lover Suite
Master the skills and develop the knowledge you need to translate your passion of animals into a profitable career by this 3 course bundle of Photographing Nature with Your Digital Camera, Start a Pet Sitting Business, and Become a Veterinary Assistant.
University of the District of Columbia
Photographing Nature with Your Digital Camera
Jump into the world of nature photography! In this course, you'll master taking beautiful outdoor photos of everything from landscapes to specific nature items such as water, flowers, trees, animals, and more. Along the way, you'll learn all about digital camera equipment, telephoto photography, and even macro photography. With plenty of examples and opportunities to share your work, you'll be shooting breathtaking photos in no time!
Start a Pet Sitting Business
If you're an animal lover, find out how to translate your passion into a profitable career! In this course, you'll master the essentials of starting a pet sitting business. You'll begin with dog and cat care, including nutrition, exercise, first aid, and identification of common diseases. You'll also find out how to handle home visits and impress potential clients. In addition, you'll delve into finances and explore start-up costs, accounting, fee-setting, business plans, and low-cost marketing. By the end of this course, you'll have all the knowledge you need to be a successful pet sitter.
Become a Veterinary Assistant
Do you like animals? Would you like to prepare for a career as a veterinary assistant? This course, taught by a practicing veterinarian and college instructor, will give you the information you need to counsel veterinary clients on pet nutrition, vaccinations, worms, fleas, first aid, euthanasia, and alternative medicine. You will also get a taste of how a veterinary hospital ticks as a small business by focusing on billing, workplace safety, and marketing through client education programs.
Suite bundles are not eligible for partial drops or refunds. Transfers to other open sessions of the same course are available. Please refer to your school for additional details regarding drops, transfers, and refunds on Suite bundles.
How the course is taught
- Instructor-led online course
- 72 course hours
- Photographing Nature with Your Digital Camera
- The Joy of Nature Photography
- Light and Composition
- Landscape Photography
- Photographing Flowers and Trees
- Photographing Water
- Telephoto Photography
- Large Animal Photography
- Small Animal Photography
- Photographing Birds
- Macro Photography
- Abstract Nature Photography
- Start a Pet Sitting Business
- Welcome to the World of Pet Sitting
- Caring for Dogs
- Caring for Cats
- Canine and Feline Behavior
- Pet First Aid and Emergencies
- The First Meeting, Finances, and Organizing Yourself
- Servicing Clients and Home Visits
- Sticky Situations and Medicating Pets
- How to Market Your Pet Sitting Business
- How to Set up a Business
- Accounting, Money Management, and the Business Plan
- Expanding the Business for Fun and Profit
- Become a Veterinary Assistant
- History of Veterinary Practice and Dog and Cat Reproduction
- Vaccinology for Dogs and Cats
- Parasites Infesting Pets and People
- How to Pick the Best Food for Your Pet; Prescription Diets
- Euthanasia: The Procedure, How to Help Clients, and Assisting Children With Pet Loss
- Workplace Safety and Veterinary Hospital Economics
- Pet First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- External Parasites of Pets, Including the Flea
- Confidentiality and Grievances, Client Communications, and Client Education
- Medical Records and Prescriptions
- Alternative Therapies in Veterinary Medicine
- Behavior Counseling for Puppies and Kittens and Putting It All Together in a Health Plan
Curt Simmons, B.A., M.Ed, is a best-selling author, trainer, and multimedia expert. He holds degrees in English and communication studies and has more than 10 years of experience teaching English and writing in the classroom. Additionally, Simmons has authored numerous books on a wide variety of technology topics and has been a technical editor for numerous other titles.
Jeff Grognet has been a companion animal veterinarian for 25 years. He was a pioneer in the field of veterinary assistant teaching, developing his first course more than 18 years ago. Due to the success of his veterinary receptionist/assistant courses, he expanded his teaching into other high-demand areas including pet first aid and alternative medical therapies for companion animals. He practices at a veterinary hospital and contributes regularly to several magazines.
Instructor Interaction: The instructor looks forward to interacting with learners in the online moderated discussion area to share their expertise and answer any questions you may have on the course content.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.