Corporate Event Planner
Do you have a knack for putting together great parties and events? Are you someone with great attention to detail? If so, a career as a Corporate Event Planner could be perfect for you. Learn everything you need to know in this Corporate Event Planner course including how to plan, design, and execute a successful corporate event, and how to charge for corporate event planning services.
Corporate events span all industries and are planned for a variety of occasions and celebrations. Corporations...
George Mason University
Details + Objectives
Course code: GES297
What you will learn
- Interview new clients and event stakeholders to create a scope of work, including venue selection, floor plans, seating accommodations, timelines, and checklist required to insure a successful event outcome
- Create backup plans and apply security measures
- Apply event planning formulas to the rollout, setup and execution of any corporate event by implementing critical path methodologies, timelines, and project management best practices
- Set budgets and service charges
- Research the market to present a proposal of options to meet the event budget restrictions set by a client/event
- Price services and incorporate additional fees for sourcing rentals
- Document events and perform a "postmortem" process to encourage "lessons learned" in every event at every location
How you will benefit
- Become a Certified Corporate Event Planner
- Gain the skills to plan and design successful corporate events
- Learn to execute any corporate event by implementing critical path methodologies, timelines, and project management best practices
- Learn how to set budgets and charge for services to more effectively run your own business
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 240 course hours
- Introduction & Course Standards
- Corporate Event Planner Services
- The SMART types of corporate events
- Successful Corporate Event Planning
- Project Management
- Planning the Event
- Planning the Event and Setting the Budget
- Planning the Corporate Event
- Event Marketing
- Staffing and vendor sourcing.
- Managing the Event
- Management Fundamentals
- Scheduling Techniques Used to Enhance Event Planning
- Event Delivery Details
- Quality Control
- How to Set Quality Control Expectations.
- Risk Management
- Safety and Emergency Management
- Local Laws and Regulations
- Departure & Exit
- Create a departure / exit strategy
- How to Monitor the event outcome
- How to manage the unexpected
Instructors & Support
Cho Phillips is the founder of Lovegevity, Inc. and author of the "Professional Wedding and Event Planning: How to Start a Wedding Planning Business" textbook and resource manual. As founder of The Wedding Planning Institute, Phillips provides an opportunity for subject matter experts to contribute to the standardization and education for wedding professionals. She has been featured in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, Washington Times, Entrepreneur Magazine, Las Vegas Sun, and has been a guest on NBC, UPN, WB and other nationally-broadcast television and radio stations.
Cho Phillips es el fundador de Lovegevity, Inc. y autor del libro y manual de recursos "Planificación Profesional de Bodas y Eventos: Como Comenzar un Negocio de Planificación de Boda". Como fundador del Instituto de Planificación de Bodas, Phillips proporciona una oportunidad para que los expertos en la materia contribuyan a la estandarización y educación para los profesionales de bodas. Ella ha aparecido en El New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, Washington Times, Entrepreneur Magazine, Las Vegas Sun, y ha sido invitada a NBC, UPN, WB y en otros canales de televisión y estaciones de radio de defunción nacional.
There are no prerequisites to take this course. However, you should have general knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and/or Google Docs.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Tablet owners need to download Puffin Web Browser App.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Word (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- S.M.A.R.T. Corporate Event Planning
Please note: You will receive a digital book if the physical book is on backorder.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Yes, successful completion of the course awards a certification as a Certified Corporate Event Planner.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.