Certified Destination Wedding Planner
Destination weddings are a growing industry, and this course prepares you to expand into planning destination events. Destination wedding planning can include traveling to day-of events or making all arrangements remotely. Planners receive commission payments from resorts, hotels, and booked activities.
This course walks you through the steps you need to receive commissions for destination event planning. Each week you will learn what is required to structure your business to become a highly...
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Methods to navigate travel accommodations and legalities for your clients and their guests
- Understand customs and marriage laws of other countries, so your clients' marriages are legal
- Discover ways to obtain discounts and lower rates to pass along to clients
- How to set up your own travel excursions to explore and research new locations for your clients
- To establish your business to receive book commissions from resorts and hotels
How you will benefit
- Set up your business to receive book commissions from resorts and hotels
- Plan destination weddings in a variety of countries, settings, and locations from exotic beaches to European castles
- Obtain certification and training for international resorts and destination locations
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 9 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 240 course hours
- Introduction to Destination Wedding Planning
- Setting up your Fee Structure
- Destination Wedding Planning Packages
- Consultations, Bookings, and Legal Marriage Requirements
- Contracts, Collecting Payments, Insurance, and Adding Excursions
- Dealing With All Kinds of Clients, Getting Published, Referrals and Repeat Business
- Time Management, Marketing, Travel & Wedding Associations
- Credentials, Certifications, and Licensing
Veronica Foster combines an ability to thrive in intense situations with her love of people and eye for design to create unique and memorable events for her clients and their guests. An industry veteran, she has served in the wedding and events industry for 19 years.
As a Master Wedding Planner, one of only 52 in the world, Veronica began her career in events working in Sales and Marketing for Dun & Bradstreet, where she planned events for 15 to 1500 guests . Today, she is a Master Wedding Planner, one of only 52 in the world. Her creative work and commentary have been featured in many prominent publications and blogs, including The Knot, Munaluchi Bride, Wedding Planner Magazine, and many more.
Veronica graduated from the Art Institute of Philadelphia with a degree in Fashion Merchandising and is a Gold Sandals Certified Wedding Specialist and Silver Sandals WeddingMoon Specialist. She currently serves as the Director of Fundraising for Wish Upon a Wedding North Carolina, a non-profit organization that provides weddings and vow renewals to couples who face terminal illness or life-altering circumstances. She also serves as Director of Outreach for the Association of Bridal Consultants in North Carolina.
There are no prerequisites to take this course but taking Certified Wedding Planning first is recommended if new to the industry.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Yes, the Destination Wedding Planner Certification through Lovegevity.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course whenever you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
After you register, you will receive 9 months to complete the course. The time allotted for completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours.
If you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee will be charged. If you are funded through a third-party organization, approval may also be required.
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
Upon successfully passing the final exam, you will be awarded a certificate of completion from the school or organization that you registered through.
ed2go courses will help you gain the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. However, you should always research the job market in your area before enrolling.
ed2go courses are non-credit, so they do not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA, and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards may provide funding to take our courses. Additionally, you may qualify for financial assistance if you meet certain requirements. To learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us."