This course will prepare you for a career as a head/executive housekeeper or provide household managers with a deeper understanding of the housekeeping department. You will be taught how to work at the highest level of housekeeping and challenged to refine your skills in housekeeping, product use, organization, laundry, entertaining and handling events at a home.
You will learn the management skills necessary to serve as a supervisor of other staff members and learn how to properly train and organize a team of housekeepers.
George Mason University
Details + Objectives
Course code: GES614
What you will learn
- The role of an Executive Housekeeper
- Communication & Administrative Skills
- Detailed level of housekeeping training
- Advanced laundry skills and techniques
- Advanced organizational skills
- Advanced skills for entertaining guests
- Household maintenance schedules
- Staff management
How you will benefit
- Obtain a certificate of training
- Improve necessary skills to work at the highest level of housekeeping necessary to be considered a head or executive housekeeper
- Opportunity to increase wages associated with this higher skillset
- Better prepared for a career in private service and gain higher confidence levels when interviewing for positions in this field by illustrating a broader skillset
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 60 course hours
- Nature of Becoming an Executive Housekeeper
- Housekeeping Maintenance
- Professional Cleaning-Rooms
- Professional Cleaning-Objects, Areas, & Surfaces
- Laundry & Linens
- Dry Cleaning
- Closet Management
- Cleaning Products & Tools
- Essentials for Cleaning
- Creating Housekeeping Schedules
- Table Setting & Service
- Event Planning & Support
- Staff Management
- Executive Housekeeper Staff Managing Skills
Instructors & Support
Marta Perrone is a graduate of UCLA with a B.A. in Spanish and Linguistics and has over 30 years of experience in the Private Service Industry. She owned and managed a domestic placement agency for 20 of those years while spending the last 10 conducting training seminars, creating training materials and providing personalized in-home manuals and training.
Marta Perrone es una graduada de UCLA con un Bachillerato en Artes en Español y Lingüística y tiene más de 30 años de experiencia en la Industria de Servicios Privados. Ella fue propietaria y administradora de una agencia de colocación doméstica durante 20 de esos años mientras pasaba los últimos 10 conduciendo seminarios de capacitación, creando materiales de capacitación y proporcionando manuales y capacitación personalizados en el hogar.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online:
- "The Professional Housekeeper" by Marta Perrone
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.