Food and Customer Service Skills Training
This online Food and Customer Service Skills Training course will prepare you for a career in food services, restaurants, and the hospitality industry. The course emphasizes customer service skills that can be applied in a wide variety of settings. This is an excellent option for those already working in a food services environment and wanting to apply for management positions, or for those interested in starting new careers.
When you complete the course, you will be prepared to take the Prometric Certified Professional Food Manager (CPFM) exam. Get started today, and prepare yourself to enter this exciting career field.
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Learn NEHA professional food management criteria
- Master HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) principles
- Provide an excellent customer experience
- Deal with difficult customers
- Practice proper food safety
- Build communication skills
- Work in teams successfully
- Manage yourself and others
How you will benefit
- Earn a Food and Customer Service Skills Certificate that will also prepare you for the Certified Professional Food Manager (CPFM) exam
- Learn how to communicate and work efficiently in the fast-paced food industry
- Develop leadership skills that will enable you to manage others in the industry
- Understand the best ways to diffuse tense situations and provide customer satisfaction
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 120 course hours
- 18 High School Credits
- Food and Customer Service Skills Training Preparation Courses
- Managing Self and Others
- Sem. 1: Communicating with Power, Budgeting and Saving
- Sem. 2: Managing Change, Motivation, Management Skills, Legal Issues
- Customer Service and Food Safety
- Sem. 1: Customer Service, Workplace and Food Safety
- Sem. 2: NEHA Professional Food Manager
- Life and Career Skills
- Sem. 1: Communication, Self Management, Work & Life Balance, Building Relationships
- Sem. 2: Workplace Environment, Team Work, Workplace Innovation
- Personal Management Skills
- Sem. 1: Stress Management, Dealing with Difficult People, Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Sem. 2: Time Management Fundamentals and Techniques
- Managing Self and Others
Darlene Lawrence is an academic coach and childcare and education instructor with five years of experience. She holds a bachelor's degree in business administration and a master's degree in teaching.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Speakers or headphones.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Yes, this course prepares for the Prometric Certified Professional Food Manager (CPFM) exam.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
You may be assigned with an instructor or team of industry experts for one-on-one course interaction. Your support will be available (via email) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our instructors are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach. You will be assigned to an Advisor for academic support.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.
The majority of labs can be done using the online lab system. A link to schedule the lab is included with the course for each lab that can be done online.