Retail Customer Service Skills Training
Looking for a career where you are always in demand? This Retail Customer Service Skills Training course will prepare you with the skills and knowledge you need for a successful career in retail. In this course, offered by Smart Horizons Career Online Education, you will master the skills you need to obtain a career certificate in Retail Customer Service Skills Training.
As you prepare for your career in the retail industry, you will learn about providing excellent customer service, as well as personal management skills that will make you effective in the workplace. When you complete the course, you will earn a Retail Customer Skills Certificate.
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Provide an excellent customer experience
- Build customer loyalty
- Deal with difficult customers
- Build communication skills
- Manage time
- Work in teams
- Manage yourself and others
- Become successful in the retail world
- Identify retail workplace challenges and opportunities
How you will benefit
- Prepare yourself to work in a retail setting or better your current retail customer service skills
- Understand how to communicate effectively and positively with a variety of people
- Become able to efficiently work independently as well as with a team
- Develop quality communication and time management skills
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 120 course hours
- Retail Customer Service Skills Training Preparation Courses
- Personal Management Skills
- Sem. 1: Stress Management, Dealing with Difficult People, Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Sem. 2: Time Management Fundamentals and Techniques
- Life and Career Skills
- Sem. 1: Communication, Self Management, Work & Life Balance, Building Relationships
- Sem. 2: Workplace Environment, Team Work, Workplace Innovation
- Customer Service
- Sem. 1: Building Customer Loyalty, Understanding the Customer, Service Standards
- Sem. 2: Defining Service, Communicating, Resolving Problems
- Managing Self and Others
- Sem. 1: Communicating with Power, Budgeting, and Saving
- Sem. 2: Managing Change, Motivation, Management Skills, Legal Issues
- Personal Management Skills
Darlene Lawrence is an academic coach and childcare and education instructor with five years of experience. She holds a bachelor's degree in business administration and a master's degree in teaching.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Speakers or headphones
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
You may be assigned with an instructor or team of industry experts for one-on-one course interaction. Your support will be available (via email) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our instructors are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach. You will be assigned to an Advisor for academic support.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.