Preston Bailey's Signature Wedding & Event Design
Distinguish yourself as a professional event designer by taking this course. You will learn to design event details from top to bottom including the design surrounding the activities that make an event come to life. In many cases it is the designer that extracts the emotional and personal elements of a client and weaves those personal expressions into the event design. A wedding planner taking this course will learn the art of design and how to apply design techniques to their existing...
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Communicate with new clients to understand their design style
- Present a visual event concept based on a client's personal preferences
- Understand the different types of design styles and how to incorporate them into an event
- Understand how color plays an important role in the event design and experience
- Create a floor plan using simple tools to sketch and design a concept
- Utilize the event planning process and as it applies to design
- Create their signature statement as an event designer
How you will benefit
- Learn how to interact with clients effectively and positively
- Become able to design an event or wedding independently
- Understand how to manage the business aspects of an event, including budgeting and locating vendors
- Gain confidence in your planning skills as they relate to event management
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 240 course hours
- Daring to Dream - Introduction
- Intro video
- Industry history and evolution
- Preston Bailey's story
- Definition of event design
- Difference between designer and planner
- Fundamentals of design styles
- Assignment – Inspiration project
- Defining the Dream - Working with Clients
- Preston Bailey's design statement
- Formulas for event design planning
- First client meeting
- Design Intuition – Building a bond and rapport, asking the right questions
- Presenting design options and upsell/enhancement opportunities
- Tools and Resources
- Case study
- Lessons Learned
- Designing the Dream - Working with the Team
- Working the Room – the process of designing your way into and out of a space
- Décor Design Outline
- Signature Statement Pieces
- Design Presentation Process – renderings, vision/mood boards, textiles, colors, etc.
- Tools and Resources: Vendors, Suppliers, Craftsman, Artist
- Case Stud
- Delivering the Dream
- Vendors and Service Providers
- Event Design Production
- Production Services
- Tools and Resources
- Case study
- Living the Dream
- Cost Analysis
- Pricing a Project
- Case Study
- Final Project
- Final Exam
Preston Bailey has been considered one of the world's premier event designers and tastemakers. With 30-plus years of experience with his namesake company Preston Bailey Designs, he is best known for his ability to completely transform raw, ordinary spaces, into opulent, theatrical environments, translating his clients' fantasies into awe-inspiring realities. His one-of-kind events have attracted clients as Donald Trump, Oprah Winfrey, Uma Thurman, Joan Rivers, Donna Karan, Liza Minnelli, Matt Lauer, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Ivanka Trump, and others. An author, he has written four bestselling books entitled Design for Entertaining, Fantasy Weddings, Inspirations, and his newest book, Celebrations, which was released by Rizzoli in October 2009. Headquartered in New York City, Preston Bailey Designs maintains international offices in Indonesia and the Middle East.
Cho Phillips is the founder of Lovegevity, Inc. and author of the "Professional Wedding and Event Planning: How to Start a Wedding Planning Business" textbook and resource manual. As founder of The Wedding Planning Institute, Phillips provides an opportunity for subject matter experts to contribute to the standardization and education for wedding professionals. She has been featured in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, Washington Times, Entrepreneur Magazine, Las Vegas Sun, and has been a guest on NBC, UPN, WB and other nationally-broadcast television and radio stations.
Cho Phillips es el fundador de Lovegevity, Inc. y autor del libro y manual de recursos "Planificación Profesional de Bodas y Eventos: Como Comenzar un Negocio de Planificación de Boda". Como fundador del Instituto de Planificación de Bodas, Phillips proporciona una oportunidad para que los expertos en la materia contribuyan a la estandarización y educación para los profesionales de bodas. Ella ha aparecido en El New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, Washington Times, Entrepreneur Magazine, Las Vegas Sun, y ha sido invitada a NBC, UPN, WB y en otros canales de televisión y estaciones de radio de defunción nacional.
There are no prerequisites to take this course. However, it is recommended that you take Certified Wedding Planner prior to enrolling.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Word (not included in enrollment).
- Windows Media Player or a similar program.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- Preston Bailey's Signature Wedding & Event Design
Customized internships are set for each graduate that applies. There is a $95 application fee, and you are required to submit a cover letter and resume with each application. You will then participate in an interview with Lovegevity Wedding Planning Institute (LWPI) prior to participating in an interview with a potential internship host. Job placement assistance is also available once the internship is completed and positive feedback from the host is received.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
You may be assigned with an instructor or team of industry experts for one-on-one course interaction. Your support will be available (via email) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our instructors are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach. You will be assigned to an Advisor for academic support.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.
There is a distinctive difference between an event planner and an event designer. The event planner is involved in every aspect of the logistical project management of the planning process and the event itself; however, it is the event designer that designs the event details from top to bottom, including the design surrounding the activities that make an event come to life. In many cases it is the designer that extracts the emotional and personal elements of a client and weaves those personal expressions into the event design. A wedding planner taking this course will learn the art of design and how to apply design techniques to their existing knowledge and services to their clients.