AWS System Operations Certification Bundle (Voucher Included)
You will be introduced to Amazon Web Services (AWS) products, services, and common solutions. You will be provided with fundamentals to become more proficient in identifying AWS services so that you can make well-informed decisions about IT solutions based on business requirements. Upon completion of this course you will be prepared to sit for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate exam. You will then learn how to create automatable and repeatable deployments of networks and systems...
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Recognize terminology and concepts as they relate to the AWS platform and navigate the AWS Management Console
- Understand foundational services, including Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), and Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS)
- Understand the security measures AWS provides and key concepts of AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
How you will benefit
- You will be prepared to sit for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate exam at the completion of the course
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 12 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 90 course hours
- AWS Technical Essentials
- Introduction and History of AWS
- AWS Foundational Services: EC2, VPC, S3, EBS
- AWS Security, Identity, and Access Management (IAM)
- AWS Databases: RDS, DynamoDB
- AWS Management Tools: Auto Scaling, CloudWatch, Elastic Load Balancing, Trusted Advisor
- AWS System Operations
- System Operations on AWS Overview
- Networking in the Cloud
- Computing in the Cloud
- Storage and Archiving in the Cloud
- Monitoring in the Cloud
- Managing Resource Consumption in the Cloud
- Configuration Management in the Cloud
- Creating Scalable Deployments in the Cloud
- Creating Automated and Repeatable Deployments
Raymond Lacoste has dedicated his career to developing the skills of others. His 17 years in the industry allow him to pull from experience in the areas of Amazon, Cisco, and Microsoft. For the last 8 years he focused primarily on advanced IT instruction. He is also the Cisco Press author of the TSHOOT 300-135 Official Cert Guide. Raymond is a voracious learner and is constantly studying new technologies. To date he has passed over 100 exams. His certification wall includes various certificates from Amazon, Cisco, Microsoft, ISC2, ITIL, and CompTIA. Over the past years he has also been awarded, on numerous occasions, the Cisco Sirius Top Quality Instructor Award and the Cisco Instructor Excellent Award.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
This course will help prepare you for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate exam and you will receive an exam voucher after successful completion of the course and financial obligation.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive twelve (12) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
You may be assigned with an instructor or team of industry experts for one-on-one course interaction. Your support will be available (via email) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our instructors are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach. You will be assigned to an Advisor for academic support.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.