Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) (Voucher Included)
The Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) course will teach you how to use the container management platform used by companies like Google to manage their application infrastructure. You will learn how to install and configure a production-grade Kubernetes cluster, from network configuration to upgrades to making deployments available via services. The course also distills key principles, such as Pods, Deployments, ReplicaSets, and services, and will give you enough information to start...
George Mason University
Details + Objectives
Course code: GES3080
What you will learn
- How to use the container management platform used by companies like Google to manage their application infrastructure
- How to install and configure a production-grade Kubernetes cluster
- The key principles, such as Pods, Deployments, ReplicaSets, and services
How you will benefit
- A certified K8s administrator has demonstrated the ability to do basic installation and configuring and managing production-grade Kubernetes clusters
- You will understand key concepts such as Kubernetes networking, storage, security, maintenance, logging and monitoring, application lifecycle, troubleshooting, and API object primitives
- You will have the ability to establish basic use-cases for end users
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 130 course hours
- Getting Started
- Containers Fundamentals
- Course Introduction
- Virtualization Fundamentals
- Virtualization Mechanisms
- Container Standards And Runtimes
- Image Operations
- Container Operations
- Building Container Images
- Container Networking
- Container Storage
- Runtime And Containers Security
- Course Completion
- DevOps and SRE Fundamentals
- Continuous Delivery Concepts
- Setup: Creating Learning Environment
- Basics Of Container Operations with Docker
- Revision Control with Git
- Setting Up Continuous Integration with Jenkins
- Pipeline As a Code with Jenkinsfile
- Using Docker to Simplify CI Pipelines
- Packaging Applications with Docker
- Continuous Delivery to Dev with Docker Compose
- Continuous Automated Testing
- Running Apps at Scale with Kubernetes
- Continuous Deployment with Spinnaker
- Course Completion
- Kubernetes Fundamentals
- Course Introduction
- Basics of Kubernetes
- Installation and Configuration
- Kubernetes Architecture
- APIs and Access
- API Objects
- Managing State with Deployments
- Volumes and Data
- Logging and Troubleshooting
- Custom Resource Definitions
- High Availability
- Exam Domain Review
- Course Completion
- CKA Prep and Exam
Instructors & Support
This course does not have an assigned instructor, but you will have access to several Linux instructors and subject matter experts throughout the course.
You should be familiar with the following:
- Linux concepts and command line
- Package managers
- Git and GitHub
- A basic understanding of Kubernetes
There are no requirements to take the Certified Kubernetes Administrator Exam (CKA) other than the skills needed to pass the certifications exam.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac. Chromebooks are not compatible.
Required Lab Exercises
- For hands-on lab exercises, access to a Linux server or Linux desktop/laptop is required. Access to a public cloud provider or VirtualBox on your machine is also needed. Lab exercises in this course have been tested in a GCP environment.
- If using a cloud provider like GCP or AWS, you should be able to complete the lab exercises using the free tier or credits provided to you. However, you may incur charges if you exceed the credits initially allocated by the cloud provider.
- PC: Windows 7 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.7 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Word Online.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
- Exams are delivered online, and candidates must provide their own computer with:
- Current version of Chrome or Chromium.
- Reliable internet access.
- A microphone.
- A webcam.
- All technical exam requirements should be tested and working prior to starting the exam.
- Candidates are not allowed to have other applications or browser windows running except the one on which the Exam is being shown.
- Candidates should run the compatibility check tool to verify that their hardware meets the minimum requirements.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Many modern applications are built using containers. Kubernetes is a vendor-neutral platform that was open-sourced by Google in 2014 and designed to deploy and manage containers. The Kubernetes software has widely available services, support, and tools that allow users to build, deliver and scale containerized apps faster, to facilitate declarative configuration and automation.
Yes, you will be prepared to sit for the Linux Foundation Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) exam. This course enrollment includes a voucher. The voucher is prepaid access to sit for the certifying exam upon eligibility.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course whenever you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
After you register, you will receive 6 months to complete the course. The time allotted for completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
As part of the CKA training program, you will have access to a dedicated forum monitored by senior instructors with the Linux Foundation. This forum is the perfect place to ask your questions regarding the course materials and interact with other program students.
Upon successfully passing the final exam, you will be awarded a certificate of completion from the school or organization that you registered through.
ed2go courses will help you gain the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. However, you should always research the job market in your area before enrolling.
ed2go courses are non-credit, so they do not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA, and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards may provide funding to take our courses. Additionally, you may qualify for financial assistance if you meet certain requirements. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us."