CompTIA™ Network+ Certification Training (Voucher Included)
Building and maintaining networks are among the most important skills to have as an IT professional. Whether you're new to the field or ready to move forward in your career, a CompTIA Network+ certification course could be a great next step. This certification confirms that you have the knowledge you need to configure and troubleshoot both wireless and wired hardware. You'll stand out among other job candidates when you gain the experience this online course provides and earn this valuable...
George Mason University
What you will learn
- How to install, configure, and differentiate between common network devices.
- Routing protocols, computer forensic practices, and addressing and cloud computing technologies.
- All about WAN/LAN technology, addressing services like DHCP, the OSI model and the TCP/IP model, and Domain Name Services (DNS).
- How to implement a basic wireless network and wireless security.
- How to conduct network monitoring and perform network performance optimization.
How you will benefit
- Equip yourself for a career in networking
- Be prepared to take the CompTIA Network+ certification exam (N10-007)
- Receive a certificate of completion and add this course to your resume to confirm your expertise
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 110 course hours
- Network Architecture
- Explain network devices
- Compare network services and applications
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS, and NAT
- WAN Technologies
- Cabling and Connectors
- Network Topologies
- Network Infrastructure Implementation
- TCP/IP concepts - IPv6, IPv4
- Routing concepts and protocols
- Unified communication technologies
- Cloud and Virtualization
- Implement a basic network
- Network Operations
- Monitoring Tools
- Analyze metrics and reports from monitoring and tracking
- Configuration management
- Network segmentation
- Apply patches and updates
- Configure switches
- Configure wireless LANs
- Network Security
- Risk Management
- Network vulnerabilities and threats
- Network hardening techniques
- Physical security controls
- Configure a firewall
- Network Access Control Models
- Network troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Tools
- Troubleshooting Wireless
- Troubleshooting common copper cable issues
- Troubleshoot fiber cable issues
- Troubleshoot network issues
- Troubleshoot security issues
- Troubleshoot WAN issues
- Industry standards, practices and network theory
- OSI Model
- Network theory and concepts
- Deploy wireless standards
- Wired connectivity
- Network policies and procedures
- Configure equipment and locations
- Change management
- Ports and protocols
David Grimes has more than 10 years of management and leadership experience in the private and non-profit sectors. Grimes is passionate about technology and education, having worked as academic dean, student services director, technology coordinator, teacher, consultant, and technology columnist. He holds a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State University, both in Technology Education.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- Network+ Guide to Networks
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Once you complete your online course work, you can move forward to take the certification exam. CompTIA certification testing is administered by third-party vendors such as Prometric and Virtual University Enterprises (VUE), two leading providers of technology-based testing. Both offer a network of computer-based testing centers with thousands of locations worldwide. Test fees are not included as part of this course.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
You may be assigned with an instructor or team of industry experts for one-on-one course interaction. Your support will be available (via email) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our instructors are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach. You will be assigned to an Advisor for academic support.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.
The majority of labs can be done using the online lab system. A lab scheduling link is included.
Learning networking at home is easy when you enroll in an online course like those offered from ed2go. With a virtual interactive lab environment and one-on-one interaction with your instructor, our complete online training is a great way to fit networking classes into your busy schedule.