CompTIA™ Network+ Certification Training (Voucher Included)
Building and maintaining networks are among the most important skills to have as an IT professional. Whether you're new to the field or ready to move forward in your career, a CompTIA Network+ certification course could be a great next step. This certification confirms that you have the knowledge you need to configure and troubleshoot both wireless and wired hardware. You'll stand out among other job candidates when you gain the experience this online course provides and earn this valuable...
University of the District of Columbia
Details + Objectives
Course code: GES329
What you will learn
- How to install, configure, and differentiate between common network devices.
- Routing protocols, computer forensic practices, and addressing and cloud computing technologies.
- All about WAN/LAN technology, addressing services like DHCP, the OSI model and the TCP/IP model, and Domain Name Services (DNS).
- How to implement a basic wireless network and wireless security.
- How to conduct network monitoring and perform network performance optimization.
How you will benefit
- Equip yourself for a career in networking
- Be prepared to take the CompTIA Network+ certification exam (N10-008)
- Receive a certificate of completion and add this course to your resume to confirm your expertise
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 110 course hours
- Course Introduction
- Course Overview and Required Components
- Interactive Mastery Study Guide
- Official CompTIA Net+ Certification Exam Objectives (N10-008)
- Getting Started
- Section 1: The OSI Model
- OSI Layers, Ports, and Protocols
- Network Components & Topologies
- Network Topologies, Types, and Technologies
- WAN Technologies
- Logical and Physical Topologies
- Identifying Topologies
- Discovering Network Components and Locations
- Deploying Appropriate Cable Solutions
- IP Addressing
- Ethernet Switching
- IP Routing and Forwarding
- Identifying TCP/IP Misconfigurations
- Network Devices
- Ports, Protocols, and Network Services
- Virtualization and Network Storage
- Cloud Concepts and Purposes
- Device Placement and Configuration
- Network Device Locations
- Advance Network Devices
- Routing, Bandwidth, and Switching
- Defining Dynamic Routing Protocols
- Identifying Network Descriptions
- Wireless Technologies, Configurations, and Security
- Identifying Antenna Types
- Matching Wireless Standards & Maximum Speeds
- Defining Security Standards
- Identify Policies and Best Practices
- Ensuring Network Availability
- Network Diagrams and Documentation
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Defining Redundancy Protocols
- Basic Wireless Network Security
- Security Concepts and Attacks
- Defining Network Attacks
- Scanning, Monitoring, and Patching
- Remote Access Methods
- Physical Security and Network Attacks
- Troubleshooting Methodology
- Network Troubleshooting
- Networking & Cabling Problems
- Identifying Network Testing Tools
- Defining Physical Layer Issues
- Wired Connectivity and Performance Issues
- Tools, Commands, and Performance
- Troubleshooting Wireless Issues
- Troubleshooting General and Common Issues
Instructors & Support
Jeff Rees has over 25 years of experience in the IT industry. Jeff's expertise covers a wide range of technical skills in the field of immersive technology, such as virtual reality, augmented reality, spatial computing, and holograms. He manages, creates, and delivers high-quality augmented and virtual reality technology experiences that enhance knowledge retention and engagement for learners.
Jeff capitalizes on his multifaceted technical knowledge with his passion for implementing immersive solutions, which has given him a proven track record of producing one-of-a-kind solutions for clients.
Jeff has previously served as a senior vice president of operations, chief technology officer, and technical director for diverse technology companies. Jeff has also taught numerous computer courses during his career. Jeff holds a bachelor's degree from DeVry University in Computer Sciences with an emphasis in Simulation Design.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- CompTIA Network+ N10-008 Cert Guide
Please note: You will receive a digital book if the physical book is on backorder.
The average CompTIA Network+ salary is $73,530 annually, according to ZipRecruiter, which equates to approximately $35.35 an hour.
CompTIA Network+ annual salaries can reach as high as $144,000 and as low as $28,500. Still, the majority of Network+ salaries currently range between $52,000 (25th percentile) to $90,000 (75th percentile), with top earners (90th percentile) making $123,000 annually across the U.S. Pay is based on skill level, location, and years of experience.
After obtaining your CompTIA Network+ certification, you are qualified for jobs such as a network administrator, IT consultant, network field engineer, computer technician, help desk technician, system engineer, network support specialist, and network analyst.
CompTIA Network+ is vendor-neutral, which means that it prepares IT pros to work with various networks, not just one vendor solution. The Network+ credential is also the only IT certification on the market that encompasses both wired and wireless networks.
Furthermore, the skills obtained from studying for and passing the exam will help you understand networking concepts like network protocols, passive optical networks, network attenuation, network address translation, and ad hoc networks—which will appeal to hiring managers.
You will prepare for an entry-level IT position with a competitive wage and boost your resume by earning this certification.
CompTIA Network+ is a vendor-neutral, entry-level certification widely recognized by the information technology (IT) industry. Achieving this certification prepares technicians to work in IT infrastructure by providing key networking knowledge and skills.
According to CompTIA, those who earn the Network+ certification demonstrate they possess network troubleshooting, network cabling, configuration, subnetting, and network operation skills. Furthermore, they understand emerging technologies, such as those related to virtualization and the cloud.
The CompTIA Network+ exam voucher price is $358.00. With your enrollment in this course, you will receive an exam voucher for the CompTIA Network+ certification exam. You are also eligible for a free second exam attempt should you meet the required qualifications.
Once you complete your online course work, you can move forward to take the certification exam. CompTIA certification testing is administered by third-party vendors such as Prometric and Virtual University Enterprises (VUE), two leading providers of technology-based testing. Both offer a network of computer-based testing centers with thousands of locations worldwide. Proctor fees are not included as part of this course.
The CompTIA Certification exams typically update every few years. Please check with an Enrollment Representative to confirm the version listed in the description is current or if a new version is upcoming.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.
The majority of labs can be done using the online lab system. A lab scheduling link is included.
Learning networking at home is easy when you enroll in an online course like those offered from ed2go. With a virtual interactive lab environment and one-on-one interaction with your instructor, our complete online training is a great way to fit networking classes into your busy schedule.