CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) (Voucher Included)
From small businesses to large corporations, nearly every organization needs cybersecurity. With security being the fastest growing sector of the IT field, earning a CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) certification boosts your professional profile. This online CompTIA training course will prepare you for the CASP certification exam in a flexible, online environment.
This course offers enrollment with a voucher. The voucher is prepaid access to sit for the CompTIA CASP+ (CAS-004) certifying exam upon eligibility. Proctor fees may apply, which are not included.
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Recognize security risks and mitigation strategies
- Interpret scenarios to use network and security controls
- Analyze scenarios to utilize appropriate security assessment tools and procedures
- Identify methods to integrate information technology components into enterprise architecture
- Apply research, interactive, and security activities to achieve security goals
How you will benefit
- Gain skills in five key areas: risk management, security architecture, security operations, security integration, and research and development
- Receive a prepaid voucher that covers the cost of the CASP exam
- Build confidence toward successfully completing the certification exam
- Become recognized by CompTIA, a global leader in certification, training, and career development
- Prove comprehensive cybersecurity knowledge to employers
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 75 course hours
- Unit 1: Governance, Risk, and Compliance
- Key Terms Practice 1
- Security Architecture
- Key Terms Practice 2
- Unit 3: Security Operations
- Key Terms Practice 3
- Unit 4: Security Engineering and Cryptography
- Key Terms Practice 4
- Research, Development, and Collaboration
- End-Of-Course Study
Jeff Rees has over 25 years of experience in the IT industry. Jeff's expertise covers a wide range of technical skills in the field of immersive technology, such as virtual reality, augmented reality, spatial computing, and holograms. He manages, creates, and delivers high-quality augmented and virtual reality technology experiences that enhance knowledge retention and engagement for learners.
Jeff capitalizes on his multifaceted technical knowledge with his passion for implementing immersive solutions, which has given him a proven track record of producing one-of-a-kind solutions for clients. Jeff has previously served as a senior vice president of operations, chief technology officer, and technical director for diverse technology companies. Jeff has also taught numerous computer courses during his career. Jeff holds a bachelor's degree from DeVry University in Computer Sciences with an emphasis in Simulation Design.
While there are no prerequisites to take this course, CompTIA recommends a minimum of ten years of experience in IT administration with at least five years of hands-on technical security experience.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following e-Book will be provided to you upon enrollment:
- CompTIA CASP+ CAS-004 Certification Guide
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
This course will prepare you for the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) exam and you will receive an exam voucher after successful completion of the course and financial obligation.
Who should earn a CASP? The CASP is ideal for security architects, technical lead analysts, application security engineers, and security engineers that want to verify their advanced knowledge of IT security practices.
The CompTIA Certification exams typically update every few years. Please check with an Enrollment Representative to confirm the version listed in the description is current or if a new version is upcoming.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate of completion. In addition, you will receive a voucher to take the CompTIA CASP: Certified Advanced Security Practitioner (CAS-002) certification exam, after successful completion of the course and financial obligation.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.