CompTIA Linux+ (Voucher Included)
This Linux training course will prepare you for the CompTIA Linux+ (XK0-005) exam. You will be ready to work on installation processes, network configurations, security and troubleshooting, and automating processes with scripting. For system administrators, Linux+ certification is a benchmark for working in different IT functions, including cloud computing, server administration, Internet-of-things, mobile, and supercomputing.
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Analyze Linux hardware and system configurations related to installation, networking, and storage
- Manage Linux system operations and determine validated maintenance protocols
- Evaluate security best practices for users, files, and networks
- Formulate best responses to Linux troubleshooting issues
- Utilize basic scripts to automate processes in Linux
- Developing a working understanding of basic container operations
- Explore ways to secure cloud infrastructure
- Utilization of Kubernetes deployment tools
How you will benefit
- Receive a prepaid voucher to take the CompTIA Linux+ (XK0-005) exam
- Become proficient in the Linux operating system to assist in IT-related job roles
- Be prepared to take the CompTIA Linux+ certification test to prove your knowledge
- Obtain opportunities for entry or junior-level positions in IT-related positions
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 75 course hours
- Introduction to Linux Servers
- Hardware and System Configuration 1.0
- Lesson 1 and 2 Review
- Mid-Course Exam
- Security 2.0
- Scripting, Containers, and Automation 3.0
- Troubleshooting 4.0
Jeff Rees has over 25 years of experience in the IT industry. Jeff's expertise covers a wide range of technical skills in the field of immersive technology, such as virtual reality, augmented reality, spatial computing, and holograms. He manages, creates, and delivers high-quality augmented and virtual reality technology experiences that enhance knowledge retention and engagement for learners. Jeff capitalizes on his multifaceted technical knowledge with his passion for implementing immersive solutions, which has given him a proven track record of producing one-of-a-kind solutions for clients. Jeff has previously served as a senior vice president of operations, chief technology officer, and technical director for diverse technology companies. Jeff has also taught numerous computer courses during his career. Jeff holds a bachelor's degree from DeVry University in Computer Sciences with an emphasis in Simulation Design.
Skills, knowledge, experience, software, and computer orientation recommended prior to enrollment.
Recommended Experience to take the CompTIA Linux+ Certification exams: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ and 12 months of Linux admin experience.
Upon completion of the course, you will be given a voucher to CompTIA™ Linux+ (XK0-005) certification exam. Learn more about the CompTIA Linux+ exam certification requirements.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Additional System Considerations
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbook will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- CompTIA Linux+ Study Guide: Exam XK0-005, 5th Edition
Please note: You will receive a digital book if the physical book is on backorder.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
This course will prepare you for the CompTIA Linux+ exam and you will receive an exam voucher after successful completion of the course and financial obligation. Learn more about the certification requirements.
The CompTIA Certification exams typically update every few years. Please check with an Enrollment Representative to confirm the version listed in the description is current or if a new version is upcoming.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate of completion. In addition, you will receive an exam voucher for the CompTIA Linux + (XK0-004) exam after the successful completion of the course and financial obligation.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.